The Pyra from a Developer's Eye

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Here's the direct impressions from Notaz and PtitSeb right after the Gamescom took place, where they could play with the Pyra devboard and try out different games and emulators. You wil get a sense of what to expect in the near future, and as you'll see, not everything went smoothly.

--> Continue Reading

promoPyraDev.png

Last edited by a moderator:
PtitSeb: Initially Reicast was too fast. When we added an OSS (audio) driver, the speed was then limited to 100%. On the Pandora I only used OSS, it’s quite simple to code, and the current Alsa code was glitchy, so I did not use it since then. Reicast manages its own emulation speed using sound. Sonic Adventure or Skies of Arcadia were running at full speed, without any glitch. It’s quite obvious by now that the Sega Dreamcast fans will have the machine of their dreams with the Pyra!
^ Love this :)

I liked the part where the Pyra was being used as a multi-user compile server via SSH from a Pandora.

1st Pyra server instance.  Congrats!
Well, Lunixbochs been using my devboard remotely for a while now..

I liked the part where the Pyra was being used as a multi-user compile server via SSH from a Pandora.

1st Pyra server instance.  Congrats!
Well, Lunixbochs been using my devboard remotely for a while now..
I think Grench meant the part where ptitSeb used one core and notaz use another core...

Back