The Pandora Will Rule

Xicor

Still Fresh
pandora3tg0.jpg

N64 Emulation is very possible I'm not sure if 100 % Compad will happen but if someone puts some work into it than I'm sure we can get as compatible as the one on PC.

Still dreaming :). I do wonder how possible/impossible it would be to run these games at a decent speed on the Pandora.

You guys do realize that some noob is going to see these and expect the Pandora to be capable of running them. Should be hilarious. As for photoshopping the Pandora, it's quite addictive. :D

infinitebi4.png

OHHHH SHHHHIIIII :eek:

Alex. said:
A man can dream!

pandorascej4.jpg

... a man can dream :')
Actually, this game is already available for the Pandora ;)

http://stargus.sourceforge.net

You just need to compile the stratagus engine for the Pandora. Its not the exact same game, but i´m confident it will get pretty close.

Or we might get to play it using N64 emulation, however i have no clue how good the N64 version was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt N64 emulation..
Even on the Xbox the emulator is not perfect (Starcraft? forget it :p), and it took a while to become as good as it is..

I'm not saying it's impossible (the devs here have proven their awesome capabilities more than once).. But you're just expecting too much right now :p

Yuglooc said:
Something I definatly will play on it :D
wandafol.png
Yes, yes, YEEEEEEEEEEES!
Playing Nethack on the GP2x is geeky enough (at least with my ASCII 'graphical tileset'), but having the extra BONUS of a keyboard makes it all the more geeky and awesome! :p

I was going to post an image of Pandora running The Ur-Quan Masters, but I somewhat expect everyone to be able to play this game already from within a month after launch, since porting the GP2x port of UQM over to Pandora should be easy..

Now, can someone photoshop a blue screen of death into the Pandora's main screen? I'm lazy. ;)

Alex. said:
And of course

*pic of Prehistorik 2*

:wub:
God I play this all the time on the SNES emu of the 2X, but the DOS version is even better in my opinion..
It would be awesome if DOSBOX could run this perfectly on the Pandora

gavie said:
I doubt N64 emulation..
Even on the Xbox the emulator is not perfect (Starcraft? forget it :p), and it took a while to become as good as it is..

I'm not saying it's impossible (the devs here have proven their awesome capabilities more than once).. But you're just expecting too much right now :p
Well, first the Pandora is more powerful than an Xbox (Xbox has a celeron 733, a geforce 3 and 64megs of ram...) and second I remember playing Zelda 64 (a very demanding game) fullspeed on a Pentium II 450 and a voodoo 3.

To me, N64 emulation is not only doable, but also very likely to happen.

NDS emulation is also doable (it's basically an ARM7 and an ARM9, not much fancy custom hardware, think of a GBA and a GP32 duck-taped together and you pretty much got a DS), though is way less likely. But well, who knows ? Maybe if the Pandora is a critical success and attracts a wide and skilled dev community such as the one of the GP32 or GP2X.

Back