THE NUMBERS IMAGE THREAD!

EURO-INDEX_Fluke_830_4-3.jpg

Fun fact, I've actually touched this plane in real life. SR-71B. It currently resides in the Kalimazoo Air zoo, in Michigan.

Neat. My brother, a friend and I got into the cockpit of both a Mirage 2000 and a SEPECAT Jaguar in small military aircraft museum near Lyon. Tight but comfy :happy:

EDIT : Oh and :
cat-rs-ccf833(19xx).jpg

Neat. My brother, a friend and I got into the cockpit of both a Mirage 2000 and a SEPECAT Jaguar in small military aircraft museum near Lyon. Tight but comfy :happy:
The German Museum in Munich has a rather unknown outpost at a small airport which focuses on aviation, the "Flugwerft". I've paid it a visit a few years ago and actually walked through a Dornier Do 231, a VTOL cargo airplane prototype from the 70s. Definitely worth the hassle to actually find this place!

It's a shame that the whole German VTOL research project was stopped while it was on the brink of a major breakthrough... The whole fly-by-wire technology that every modern airplane is based on was originally developed just to get an earlier German VTOL prototype to remain stable mid-air, AFAIK.

Neat. My brother, a friend and I got into the cockpit of both a Mirage 2000 and a SEPECAT Jaguar in small military aircraft museum near Lyon. Tight but comfy
Nice!, I've always been a fan of aircraft. I swear seeing and touching the SR-72 Blackbird was most likely the closest thing I've had to a religious experience in my life, just an impressive machine to this day.

Nice!, I've always been a fan of aircraft. I swear seeing and touching the SR-72 Blackbird was most likely the closest thing I've had to a religious experience in my life, just an impressive machine to this day.
The German Museum in Munich has a rather unknown outpost at a small airport which focuses on aviation, the "Flugwerft". I've paid it a visit a few years ago and actually walked through a Dornier Do 231, a VTOL cargo airplane prototype from the 70s. Definitely worth the hassle to actually find this place!

That's funny, the only time I've been in Germany was mostly to visit the Speyer and Sinsheim museums. Visiting the Concorde, the 747 and a space shuttle on the same day was quite an experience. Wish the Concorde was still flying, I would totally like to travel in one.

Last edited:
Yay, it's the weekend! First new preorder in 4 days - I hope we get some more today though, since if we only make this one preorder today the weekly totals will be the lowest yet.

840_plus.gif

Back