The Green Light?

They are shipped to devs. These are no consumer devices. Craig(IIRC) called them MK0 devices.

Who knows. I think it's possible that there has to be some final conversation with the Chinese mould company first to iron out if everything is ok.
I'd prefer if everyone tries to convince himself that there might be another delay. Every 5min there is a new question about the green light. The green light is an illusion. The whole process is still ongoing and there a enough possibilities of some additional delays. It's done when the postman hands it over.

Just IMO ;)

borgqueenx said:
I am also a bit curious now why we have not recieved the green light yet.
How many tests does there have to be! :eek:
It's not unusual for any of the devs to be silent. Look at how spotty their post record is. MWeston usually only shows up to tell people to stop spreading misinformation. It's not a bad sign that no one has logged in to inform us of the go ahead, it just means they're sick of us whining :p

Last edited by a moderator:
They must be doing a very thorough check of the cases if it's taking this long to green light them. How many did they send to MWeston anyway? 105? That's a lot of checking!

I have to slip this in: Does my avatar show up as a red rectangle with black strips? Or my old cartoon dude with the blue jeans and cap? It seems to change between the 2 for me!

MDave said:
They must be doing a very thorough check of the cases if it's taking this long to green light them. How many did they send to MWeston anyway? 105? That's a lot of checking!

I have to slip this in: Does my avatar show up as a red rectangle with black strips? Or my old cartoon dude with the blue jeans and cap? It seems to change between the 2 for me!

I see a rectangle with stripes. Reminds me of turkish delight

MDave said:

Indeed, I'm as anxious as I'm sure everyone else is. They at least sent five, according to Craigix's tweeted picture.

This radio silence on the green light is a little ominous.

Given how forthcoming they were in the past few days, sudden silence likely indicates some kind of problem.

We've seen them build a handful of units meaning they are close to 'final', but I can't fathom why they would green light a full production run but not tell anybody.

My guess is there is something else that needs tweaking, and they are evaluating the time-cost of fixing this issue(s) before making any announcements.

WizardStan said:
It's not unusual for any of the devs to be silent. Look at how spotty their post record is. MWeston usually only shows up to tell people to stop spreading misinformation. It's not a bad sign that no one has logged in to inform us of the go ahead, it just means they're sick of us whining :p
I guess the only solution then is start spreading misinformation so MWeston will show up and quash it. :)
[unfounded rumor mode] It's a go! The cases will be delivered to the assembly plant in two days! Spread the word! [/unfounded rumor mode]

naples39 said:
This radio silence on the green light is a little ominous.

Given how forthcoming they were in the past few days, sudden silence likely indicates some kind of problem.

We've seen them build a handful of units meaning they are close to 'final', but I can't fathom why they would green light a full production run but not tell anybody.

My guess is there is something else that needs tweaking, and they are evaluating the time-cost of fixing this issue(s) before making any announcements.

I think this is a very good possibility, as the ball was rolling very good 2 days ago, and now nothing! They may have green lighted the cases, and put in the rush order to the factory, and Craig is just waiting on the delivery confirmation from them so they can suprise everyone. Or my last guess would be that they are waiting for the devs to get there units so they can get more than 1 opinion on the final case quality! The latter has my vote!

Jumpman

i see a light and its green!

http://www.open-pandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=13&lang=en

will this mean a real "GO!"??

anyway, hell with the 5 twins img, so low res i cant see if any of those has the drilled trhu screw hole
but i see a spot on the lower right unit.

DroneB Dev said:
i see a light and its green!

http://www.open-pandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=13&lang=en

will this mean a real "GO!"??

anyway, hell with the 5 twins img, so low res i cant see if any of those has the drilled trhu screw hole
but i see a spot on the lower right unit.
That's been there for two days. It means nothing.

Edit:
Haha, called that one.

if we drive away from it fast enough (somewhere around 1/2 C I should think) it'll look green.

Back