The 'get stuff for free' auctions.

Twimfy

OMG 3 years here!
Website
www.stctg.co.uk
I've seen alot of these adds on ebay recently and I decided to see if I could find one of the free stuff sites myself. (I don't need some desperate ebayer to charge me on lessons of how to use google :p )

I came across this; http://www.get-free-electronics.com reading it it sounds very convincing and would actually be possible, but how real do you think they are? Does anyone know anyone who has tried one or even tried it themselves. It's ver tempting just to pay £20 and hope I get an Xbox.

Isn't that a pyramid scheme??? the faq makes it sound like it i dont know maybe its just me If it is you could get lucky + get it or just w8 forever for something

they seem like scams, but i have been tempted a time or two myself by one of those (but never have).... try it ;)

I have actually done some research on sites like these before, though I have not actually tested these free stuff gimics before. I don't know about that particualr url you provided, but on ebay, alot of the auctions selling information about how to get free stuff actually provide you with a website where you can order free samples of electronics. These samples are supposed to be for companies and not for personal usage. If this is the kind of information they are selling, then you might be able to get some free samples legally. The company might get angry you did this, but there is probably nothing they can do about it, especially if they are overseas.

Just think about it:

If someone would know how to get expensive electronic equipment for free wouldn't he make a lot more money by selling this equipment instead of trying to sell people the knowledge of how to get free electronic equipment? :unsure:

scam * scam * scam * scam * scam * scam * scam * scam * scam

I used my paypal bonuses to buy one of these a while ago, as a joke mainly, these things arent actually a scam, as people have said they use common business procedures to get the free equipment, what the guides give you are links to trade websites to give you email addresses to companies overseas, you then email them saying u are interested in thier prodct an get them to send u a free sample to help in your decision. Thats a very simplified explanation but basicaly how it works, so no they are not a scam as so many, including me thought.

That's not how the site Twimfy listed works. It is something like a pyramid scheme, except you're not required to recruit your own people. Take a look at the Sony Plasma TV. Let's say they (the site) buy one for $3300. There is a "30 people matrix" for obtaining the Sony Plasma TV. That means 29 other people need to buy $192 worth of E-Books for you to obtain the TV. This means they get a $2460 profit! Pretty nice. Lemme show an example...

- Matrix Count: 29
- Head of Matrix: Joe Schmoe
- You buy $192 worth of E-Books.
- Matrix Count: 30
- Head of Matrix, "Joe Schmoe", receives a Sony Plasma TV.
- Matrix Count: 0
- Head of Matrix: Jane Smane
- You buy $192 worth of E-Books.
- Matrix Count: 1

Specifically, it is a 30 x N matrix, where N is the number of TVs they have. Once they complete one row, they move onto the next number until they reach N or get more TVs.

This resembles a pyramid scheme so closely that I'm pretty sure it is skating illegality. Perhaps they hope you buying an actual product (e-books) will keep them legal.

I think thats what keeps them legal. Basically they overcharge for their e-books and put the excess cash into a pot. When enough people join they earn enough to buy the person at the top of the waiting list a (X) it then just keeps going. The only problem being that eventually people are going to stop buying which means a few (hundred) people at the bottom of the list will have no one to push them up to the top of the list.

I think it does work but you have to be prepared to wait. If I had an online business I could easily set up a similar scheme where by I overcharge a little for my products but use the 'free' gift as a lure to pay more. Then I just use the excess I'm making to buy stuff for people.

What I'm doing at the moment is keeping one of the matrix lists in my favourites, I'm just going to check it each day and see how much it moves. Then I might give it a go. £20 isn't gonna hurt and who knows I might end up with a 'free' Xbox!

yeah, the free samples thing works, at least for me. i don't know about a plasma display tho... but i got some free chip (computer chip) samples once

EDIT: if this is for info, check kazaa and edonkey and such.... ;)

I have read alot about these things.. They are generally illegal in the US but there are ways to get around the laws buy selling things. Its not garunteed that you will get your things ever. Infact if you are not one of the first people to sign up for the item you will most definitly not get it, well unless like 300000 more people sign up after you. I would never drop my money into one.. and that one dosent look any better.
ALSO..even if the list isnt lying you would still have to wait till 440 more people signed up for the xbox before you got yours..and since there are only 22 now I doubt that will happen any time soon .. they also dont have to legally give any refund to you if you never get your xbox because its a digial item and its not part of what you bought only a bonus. you cant win

goto global sources click register, put the info in. Find a product, hit request a sample, write a convincing email saying that you would like information and a sample of the product, include address, wait.

They don't work. Companies usually want registered buisness numbers and thing like that before they just ship out samples. They are not that damn stupid.

Ignore the scam ebook.

Back