You've Won A Free Ipod!

Mofokubik

Website
Visit site
I've been seeing these links all over the place, and was always tempted to click one. Seeing has how I have no money, and there's no place to get an ipod around here, or an mp3 player for that matter, I figure it would be a really cool thing for me. I threw my broken mp3 discman out the window, so I have no source of music except for the 60mb of free space on my smc running through my gamepark. An Ipod could be really useful to me, but are the ads true?

I've been looking around on the net alot, visiting forums and such, and people say that it's no scam. Alot of these people claim to get Ipods. So why not me?!

I want to know if anyone else received one of those ipods. Is this real, or are they building up my hopes only to be smashed to thin shards that will only further corrupt my angst filled mind as well as fill up my inbox with thousands of useless spam mail?

I was wary too, but I thought 'what have I got to lose?'

so I followed the links, filled in all the stuff, and forgot about it... (I was drunk when I did all that)

3 months later... 'WHOA! an Ipod!' :D

I guess I'm pretty lucky. I've also been the 1,000,000th visitor to a number of sites that I've visited, and recieved 8 pentium 4 PCs (which I sold on ebay for a total of $17,000) :D

I took $15,000 of that and allowed a nigerian businessman to use it for legal fees to unlock a ridiculously large amount of money from an ex-client's inheritance (promising me a hefty share in exchange for the favour)

well, my cheque came through about 4/5 months ago... and it was for a LOT of money... :)P to those of you that ignored his email and thought it was a hoax)

so the moral of the story is: yes there *is* lots of free stuff out there for those with the intelligence to claim it. :) they don't offer you these things for no reason, you know...

go for it!

:rolleyes:

toxibunny, normally i'd agree with your dry, cliched, but ever so wonderful humor, but i'm afraid that I already signed up for it. I just don't have the money to run out and buy one of these things, and seeing as how my friend just got one from the same site, I figured what the hell. Free ipod, nothing to lose.

Sorry... well, good luck. keep us informed..

(btw... I *did* click one for a first direct 'what's in YOUR wallet' credit card guaranteeing acceptance (no money either, you see) and they *did* accept...)

but yeah, keep us informed... (and maybe PM me the website if it works...)

^
I actually believed you until you mentioned the Nigerian businessman... that was well-crafted :)

As for the iPod thing... well it's still evil, and we don't allow links or such - but admittedly you might have been OK getting onto it at the beginning. Now, of course, for every 6 people who sign up only 1 will get an iPod. You will get spammed, signed up for a useless offer that may take ages to cancel, oh and fuck up the internet by spamming your referral link everywhere. So in some ways no, you don't have 'nothing to lose.'

You missed the boat.

Well, who knows. It'll be an all out war between my email account and freeipods.com the way I see it. Spam is flying around everywhere, all to give me a chance at a free mp3 player. I doubt i'll win, but it's not hurting me to try. Haha, I even made a paypal account just to give them this "virtual credit card" number. Maybe I have a better shot on those ebay auctions where you can find out a way to get $10,000 of electronics for free! :p

i've always wondered about that thing
it is only like 9 dollars
i should buy one some time
that would be cool

Apparently Wired (or was it PC Magazine, I forget) declared freeipods.com legit as the reviewer actually got a free ipod and heard of similiar success stories. Interesting indeed.

Rico posted on Dec 2 2004 at 11:53 AM said:
^
I actually believed you until you mentioned the Nigerian businessman... that was well-crafted :)

Before that he also said he'd been the "1,000,000th visitor to a number of sites" what are the chances of that? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
fade posted on Dec 3 2004 at 03:20 PM said:
Rico posted on Dec 2 2004 at 11:53 AM said:
^

Before that he also said he'd been the "1,000,000th visitor to a number of sites" what are the chances of that? :lol:

Quite high, considering that fact that everyone is the 1,000,000th visitor....

Last edited by a moderator:
I took that literally for some reason. Once I twigged that it was a parody I remembered all those 'YOU ARE TEH 10000000TH VISITOR!' ads in the vein of those 'YOUR COMPUTER SI BROADCASTING AN IP ADDRESS!' things.

Actually these sites do work... unfortunatly. You have to get a certain amount of points before they send the product to you. and to get points you have to sign up with the people they tell you which could be free sign ups or sign uip you have to pay for like... credit cards (they HAVE to be ativated), and intenet providers, and other shit. I mean sure you can probably not have to pay anything but they give you a lot of spam in the process so what you should have done is create another email and sign up with that one so all the spam and stuff goes there.

Back