The dynamic horizontal scaling of the site is awful...

bugmenot

Still Fresh
Website
discorduserinfo.pro
See for yourself:

Or just try it yourself by minimising your window, and dragging it left to right.

For those who don't see the problem yet...
If you look back slowly, the "Legal Information" text leaks out onto the Profile Icon, the second phase of the text buttons leaves a huge automatic gap at the bottom for almost no reason (likewise with the forum buttons).
It's either possibly bugs, or just overlooked details.

Last edited:
Nope, I just found this flaw by complete chance, and I needed to bring attention to it. :(

It's gives web-designers like me absolute OCD when we see things like these overlooked. On a Discourse site of all things...

But I'm not here to offend people, I'm just here to tell them that "It can look and feel better".

It's called "site feedback" after all. I hope I'm not cluttering the thread that much (no sarcasm intended)...

Not yet, two posts is hardly overloading this section.

Perhaps this post could be improved if you state what you don't like about the way the site scales. It seems fine to me, you do lose menu items as it scales, but at least it replaces the what's new menu item with an icon when it gets too small for the text to fit.

Edit: Maybe you state the problems in the video, but I can't watch that yet. Text is more accessible.

Not yet, two posts is hardly overloading this section.

Perhaps this post could be improved if you state what you don't like about the way the site scales. It seems fine to me, you do lose menu items as it scales, but at least it replaces the what's new menu item with an icon when it gets too small for the text to fit.

Edit: Maybe you state the problems in the video, but I can't watch that yet. Text is more accessible.
If you look back slowly, the "Legal Information" text leaks out onto the Profile Icon, the second phase of the text buttons leaves a huge automatic gap at the bottom for almost no reason (likewise with the forum buttons).

It's either possibly bugs, or just overlooked details.

I can't see the words Legal Text ever stop being cropped correctly just before my profile icon. Then when the window gets smaller, my username disappears and some more of Legal appears, but it's still cropped properly.

I did think I originally saw a big blank space at the top appearing but looking again that's an artifact of the tags for this post wrapping and the forum changing layout so that user boxes stop being left of the post but above it now.

I'm just here to tell them that "It can look and feel better".
Fair enough though also understand this is pretty much a one man band and most of us here would probably prefer the production and delivery of our Pyra take priority over non-essential website dev and that ED’s health take priority over that.

Maybe there should be a poll for changes like the first one you suggested about the logo so that it’s something ED could take into account when he eventually has some spare time to devote to it?

You pretty much buy a CSS template. If the errors are there, you are mostly on your own.

Maybe there should be a poll for changes like the first one you suggested about the logo so that it’s something ED could take into account when he eventually has some spare time to devote to it?
To be perfectly honest, I think logo alignment and minor adjustments like this will be pretty low (lowest) on his priority list, and I, for one, would prefer he focuses on more productive/satistactory things than inconsequential aesthetics.

To be perfectly honest, I think logo alignment and minor adjustments like this will be pretty low (lowest) on his priority list, and I, for one, would prefer he focuses on more productive/satistactory things than inconsequential aesthetics.
Agreed, was just trying to seek a compromise between that and the position of the OP (and trying to avoid/replicate (?) the keyboard-effect) \o/

@bugmenot Don't mind that, it's actually a way to say that you are accepted into the inner-circle where we dish out and expect the same of you to us, all in good fun of course.

Back