The Dig - Scummvm

firefly2442

Website
www.rivetcode.com
Hey all,

I have the latest 0.10.0 release of Scummvm for the GP2X. I'm trying to get The Dig working but the voices don't seem to work. I have:

DIGVOICE.BUN

and

DIGMUSIC.BUN

The game loads, no crashes or anything, just that there are no voices, only music and sound effects. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Are these the original files? I know that there are apps for almost all ScummVM games that allow to encode these audio files to ogg or mp3.

I`d go for the ogg conversion here and try again. Look at www.scummvm.org for these files.

I just tried using the tools but I got an error when running it:

compress_scumm_bun: compress_scumm_bun.cpp:1133: int main(int, char**): Assertion `tag == 'LB83' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Last edited by a moderator:
firefly2442 said:
I just tried using the tools but I got an error when running it:

compress_scumm_bun: compress_scumm_bun.cpp:1133: int main(int, char**): Assertion `tag == 'LB83' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Based on that I would suggest you pull the files off your CD again as they are corrupt by the looks of it.

It would also explain why the port cant play the audio.

Can you post up what you get in the scummvm.stderr.txt and scummvm.stout.txt in the scummvm folder if anything looks relevant. Actually, scrap that as I turn off debug output in the release builds, any chance you could run it via a console/telnet etc.?

Well, you were right, the data files were corrupted for some reason. That was annoying. Anyway, I got them working, full sound now. But I still get that same error message when I try to compress them with the tools. Are there any other options besides the commandline version? Is there a GUI for the tools? Thanks again for the help.

firefly2442 said:
Well, you were right, the data files were corrupted for some reason. That was annoying. Anyway, I got them working, full sound now. But I still get that same error message when I try to compress them with the tools. Are there any other options besides the commandline version? Is there a GUI for the tools? Thanks again for the help.
If you can afford the space to leave them uncompressed then do ;). Uncompressed audio will always perform better the compressed audio, then OGG then as a last resort MP3 :). That is the order of things on the GP2X port anyway.

As for a GUI for the tools, there is one being developed by some of the Google Summer of Code students working on the project but nothing released as yet.

Back