The Audio Input

gibberish

Just wondering what type of connector it is so that I can plug an audio input into the back and record it?

I think there is an audio input in the headphone jack (it supports headsets with a mic) I dont think there is an audio input in the back/ or it should be via the tv-out/aux port

According to the booklet the 3.5mm jack on the front is for headphones only, and the weird shaped thing at the back "Provides UART, TV Out and Audio In / Out"... Hmmm...

Yes, through the extension cable, you can supply the Pandora with stereo audio in. That, of course, requires you to have that cable. As far as I know, no one does.

Picture of the cable-connectors:
phoca_thumb_l_TV%20Out%20Cables%204%20(Prototype).jpg

And the pinout of the EXT connector:

cable_connector.png

You won't get a connector like this from your local electronics store, if you're thinking DIY. MWeston said that he was getting extras though, to supply to DIYers. The easiest option of course is to wait for the elusive AV cables to ship.

USB audio interfaces will be an option in the near future too. AFAIK they just need to add a usb-sound module to a future hotfix.

Front 3,5 mm jack is TRRS (4 wire) and has wired mic input. I just don't remember where is mic wired exactly. It seems to be logical if it will be on the tip so TRRS (trip-ring-ring-shield = mic-right-left-ground), but I barely recal that it is not true. This mus clarify MWeston or som other from OPT :)

aha, so i do need to order one of those cables after all. might as well get a soft case while im at it.
what's the status of the cables, does anyone know?

Gruso said:
No word on them unfortunately.

hi guys, writing from my pandora.
the headphone jack do seem to be the longer type. so i think it has mic input... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time I posted this info about the onboard audio setup of Pandora:

Code:
ibi-pandora:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: omap3pandora [omap3pandora], device 0: HiFi Out twl4030-I2S-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: omap3pandora [omap3pandora], device 1: Line/Mic In twl4030-I2S-1 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

.. craigix came along and said that the Line input was only wired to the EXT connector. I'm not sure its wired to the 3.5mm jack TRSS inputs, too .. although that would be *very* nice if it were.

^ Yes, but the _line in_ torpor is talking about is only wired to the EXT port.

edit: Further info should be available in the datasheet of the companion chip. We had a similar discussion a while ago and I posted some quotes, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

Back