The 3000

Eversmile

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hey, I've been lurking for sometime now, and I thought of something a while ago. With the first 3000 Pandoras, will there be any "First Edition" symbol or whatever? Maybe signed by one of the developers?

Probably not, I rememeber talk of an amiga like ingraving on the inside of the case though.

You do realize the three main guys involved are in England, Canada, and Germany, right? The hassle of shipping even one case for all their signatures is a little crazy ;)

it doesn't have to be a signature, but there should be something. The first 3000 should be more valuable, to reward preorderers. I think that is a great idea.

You can get stickers done up real cheap, they can easily be printed in practically every country, and they slip easily into a box. They don't add a lot of extra EXTRA, but it is a small "you got it first" gesture. The customer can stick it on anywhere they want, if they want.

Was going to say that was a good idea, but the remembered that Tapwave did the same thing. I think people who pre-order one of the first batch such get something special.

I got one of the GP2Xs in the first batch, said first edition, and it came pre-bricked. It wouldn't even start up, so I sent it back and got a new one. Mine doesn't say first edition, but it works a heck of a lot better. I'm not too excited about first editions anymore.

I think it's pointless. Let devs focus on things that would actually influence your use of the device.

I think it's a nice idea, not the signature part, but some sort of logo or ingraving would be nice.
But I'm pretty sure the first 3000 will sell anyway, would still be nice though! :)

It's "engraving" but yeah I'm going to say, having missed the earlier thread on it, that I think it's a good idea.

Doesn't even have to be an engraving, just make it clear with the serial number that this is from the first batch.

Socially, it's not something you'd buy because everyone has one. It's something you'd buy because nobody has one. Like any niche item, people are willing to pay more than the bare minumum, and part of what they're getting back is inclusion in a community, and part of *that* is bragging rights. Yeah, it's hella nerdy, but what are you gonna do? Give the people what they want :D

300 Spartans held off an army of a million men at Tthermopylae.
How would 3000 Pandoras fare against an army of ????? drooling geeks from the forums?
:eek:

Back