That's it. It's over.

Blue Protoman

No longer am I a high school student; I am now a high school alumnus.

Tomorrow is my last day of school. I have no more exams; all I need to do is show up for graduation rehearsal (the real thing's in two weeks) and the Senior Barbecue at the end of the day.

It's been a rather unremarkable four years of rote memorization, babying, and hand-holding. I want out, and I've just been given it. No more AP prep, no more school buses, no more bells, no more Pledge of Allegiance, no more academic birdcages! It's over! It's finally over! The last four years are now just a distant memory, a period to look back on and make jokes about! Never again must I set foot on that boring-ass track, must I slog my way through days wasted in class when I could be learning instead, must I wake up at 5:30 in the morning due to a shitty bus schedule!

You guys have been great. This board has inspired me. You guys have given me purpose, direction, a piqued interest in computer science. And now it's time to take it to the next level. I'm going to learn things, do things, make things, be things. You all rock. Prometheus, SONY, Craig, ED, Jourdy, Pickle, Exophase, and a whole other slew of people inside this wonderful community.

I'm not in the class of 2012 anymore. I'm in the class of 20-fucking-16.

I'm a God-damned Seawolf, and proud of it!

2646.gif

Congratulations!

If seawolves are an actual animal, I am never gonna go swim in the ocean again 0.o

:p

Go, BP! :D Congratulations, and well done. As I've said before, it's great seeing you fulfilling the potential you've exhibited ever since you turned up here a couple of years back (wow, has it really been that long, already?!) as a completely hyper loon. ;)

Also, congratulations on transmogrifying into what appears to be a thoroughly awesome piece of marine life. :p

(And, I'm not really sure why you named me in your post, but thanks for that. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome sauce. As we're teetering on the ede of a technological dark age due to a lack of new programmer blood, every computer scientist counts!

Congrats Blue welcome to the real world. Here's some free advice for ya..

• Take care of the big problems and don't sweat the small one's.
  • Avoid debt whenever possible. It's not worth the hassle of never knowing when companies will catch up with you.
  • Never pee into the wind.
  • Never eat yellow snow.

Enjoy :D

p.s I agree with Moz, seawolves sound damn scary :p

Congrats Blue welcome to the real world. Here's some free advice for ya..

• Take care of the big problems and don't sweat the small one's.
  • Avoid debt whenever possible. It's not worth the hassle of never knowing when companies will catch up with you.
  • Never pee into the wind.
  • Never eat yellow snow.

This is all very good advice, and I'd recommend you follow it, Blue - with only one more to add - "Never use an apostrophe in a plural unless you're indicating possession, and even then use it as a suffix".

I remember when I graduated from university - I sat my last exam and never went back :) But I did get a lot of complaints both from the faculty and my "friends" that bitched about me not going to the graduation ceremony (what's the point?) and the graduation ball (which I wouldn't be caught dead at...)

D.

Give it ten or so years and you'll be wishing back your skool dayz :)

Well done on passing though

^ Yes, that's generally how it is.

Jr. High, then Sr. High.

And then Uni/College

In the UK, it's Juniors (age 5 to 10), Seniors (11 to 15), College (16 to 17) then University (18+, usually 3 years for a bachelor's degree, then a further one or two more years for a masters degree, then on to a doctorate which can last as much as 5 years or more).

D.

I wasn't allowed to go to my graduation ceremony....don't do crack.

In the UK, it's Juniors (age 5 to 10), Seniors (11 to 15), College (16 to 17) then University (18+)

What weird part of the UK did you grow up in? Infants (5 to 6), Juniors (7 to 10), Secondary (11 to 16 or 18 if going into 6th form), College (16 to 17), University (18+) is what the structure is like everywhere else. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What weird part of the UK did you grow up in? Infants (5 to 6), Juniors (7 to 10), Secondary (11 to 16 or 18 if going into 6th form), College (16 to 17), University (18+) is what the structure is like everywhere else. ;-)
Same here.

In the UK, it's Juniors (age 5 to 10), Seniors (11 to 15), College (16 to 17) then University (18+)

What weird part of the UK did you grow up in? Infants (5 to 6), Juniors (7 to 10), Secondary (11 to 16 or 18 if going into 6th form), College (16 to 17), University (18+) is what the structure is like everywhere else. ;)

I grew up in the East Riding, where my schooling went as I indicated. I did however attend 6th form and upper 6th, instead of college; my son attends college as his school had no 6th form. The split you experienced between infants and juniors doesn't happen often unless you have two separate buildings for each - where I'm from, you attend the same school from age 5 up to age 10.

D.

Back