Testing

lol

but disabling autoplay on videos would be a good idea... risk of trolls and goatse....
apart from that, the new forum looks cool, feels smooth and finally everything works too. New features, blogs... schweet deal. Cheers Hando.
Only the logo with the weird X bothers me. we should have a logo contest.

Heh - if anybody wonders why gp32x.de was down a few seconds ago:
There were too many database connections at once.
I increased the allowed values in the MySQL config file, so it shouldn't happen again.
If it does, I'll increase it even more :)

Last edited:
(naw)mcx posted on May 21 2009 at 01:28 AM) [quote="EvilDragon posted on May 21 2009 at 12:13 AM said:
I increased the allowed values in the MySQL config file, so it shouldn't happen again.
If it does, I'll increase it even more :"]
Was it a DDoS or are we just really popular?[/quote]Well, the default max connections for MySQL is 150, which is pretty low.
I never set it higher as it worked fine for the File Archive and the German Boards :)

Now I set it to 500 which should be way better. I checked my server specs, I can easily increase it to 2000, if I want to.

500 doesn't mean only 500 users can be online - it means that only 500 users can REFRESH the page at the same time.
If you open a thread, the database query only takes a tenth of a second, and that's it... and now 500 users can do that at the same time :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on May 21 2009 at 12:33 AM said:
(naw)mcx posted on May 21 2009 at 01:28 AM) [quote="EvilDragon posted on May 21 2009 at 12:13 AM said:
If it does, I'll increase it even more :"]
Was it a DDoS or are we just really popular?
Well, the default max connections for MySQL is 150, which is pretty low.
I never set it higher as it worked fine for the File Archive and the German Boards :)

Now I set it to 500 which should be way better. I checked my server specs, I can easily increase it to 2000, if I want to.

500 doesn't mean only 500 users can be online - it means that only 500 users can REFRESH the page at the same time.
If you open a thread, the database query only takes a tenth of a second, and that's it... and now 500 users can do that at the same time :)

Aha, I see! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the new layout. reinforces the idea that its gp32x.de, not openpandora32x.com and places precedence on wiz since its actually out and will surely harbor alot of discussion in the near future

PoisonedV posted on May 21 2009 at 10:43 PM said:
I like the new layout. reinforces the idea that its gp32x.de, not openpandora32x.com and places precedence on wiz since its actually out and will surely harbor alot of discussion in the near future
Though all the archives are now under an openhandhelds domain... silently!

Peter R posted on May 22 2009 at 05:22 AM said:
PoisonedV posted on May 21 2009 at 10:43 PM said:
Though all the archives are now under an openhandhelds domain... silently!
I moved them alltogether on one domain, yep.
Makes handling much easier and I plan on using the same userbase for all archive so that you don't need to create accounts for each one but need only one for all.

Also, switching between the archives is easier for you folks now.

I wonder what's the deal - none of them was on a gp32x.de-domain anyway, and they already were on that server, so instead of having tons of domains for each archive, we're combining all archives for our handhelds onto one domain... and I'll create a start page where you can get RSS feeds for each archive, see what's new for what handheld, etc.

Some people are just plain paranoid methinks...

Last edited:
Okay, merged the userbase of all the archives.
Now you don't need multiple registrations anymore - if you are registered with ONE archive, the user works with all the archives now :)
(In case you had multiple registrations, the most recent one is the one for the merged system) :)

In general everything whould work much better. This "big" look is something new I admit. I don't know maybe it's just different. But as this is the final upgrade for at least a year we have possibility to redone the whole theme for board and this is going to happen rather soon than later. There are some bugs like that one you cant directly go to the last post from View New Content Result but I think it's rather typo bug in url as when you click on topic there this command "__getnewpost__fromsearch__1" at the end of url so I think it's going to be fixed soon. Site should also speed up soon as for now all stuff is going directly from database not from cache but this something related to server configuration and I need to discuss it with ED. If you find any bugs just please report them directly to me via PM. I'll check it with IPB official site for fixes. Oh and this rating thing where you can rate your own post. It's rather permission related thing but they've redone the whole administration so I need some time to find all the stuff.

Back