Tesco branded Quad core cpu/gpu 720p HUDL tablet

Specs have been updated 1400x920 display dual band wifi and price confirmed £119 if the deal is still running on tesco direct ie spend £75 on tablets get £10 off thats £109 reviews have been positive and chipset is confirmed Rockchip 3188

RK3188 28 nm HKMG ARMv7-A Up to 1.8 GHz Quad-coreARM Cortex-A9 Mali-400 MP(Quad core, 533 MHz) LPDDR2, DDR3, DDR3L support, up to 2 GB

probably the mali will be underclocked and cpu is locked at 1.5GHZ

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna buy myself the Nexus 7 for my birthday, and for the mrs it's gonna be one of these :)

D.

Pre ordered instore tday will be interesting to see how this shapes up to my nexus 7 (2013)

Got this today and can confirm if you want a good little cheap tablet get this great build quality processor fast enough to run all android games had asphalt 8 shadowgun ikaruga sine mora and they  ran perfect with no noticeable lag plays and outputs video to lcd/plasma with ease tried the motion games and they work well too had it on since i charged it at 4.30 and its still running without a second charge Tesco bloatware is at a minimum aswell and there are some good money off deals bundled with it like 12 months free unlimited broadband and money off tesco direct orders ive been trying the touch screen and although not as fast as my new nexus 7 it holds its own and the picture quality is good aswell well worth £120 hopefully Tesco will release an upgraded version with better specs next year

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very tempted by one of these just for browsing, reading e-books and the odd movie.

We have enough Tesco vouchers that the tablet would only cost £42 so a bit of a no brainer.

Got this today and can confirm if you want a good little cheap tablet get this great build quality processor fast enough to run all android games had asphalt 8 shadowgun ikaruga sine mora and they  ran perfect with no noticeable lag plays and outputs video to lcd/plasma with ease tried the motion games and they work well too had it on since i charged it at 4.30 and its still running without a second charge Tesco bloatware is at a minimum aswell and there are some good money off deals bundled with it like 12 months free unlimited broadband and money off tesco direct orders ive been trying the touch screen and although not as fast as my new nexus 7 it holds its own and the picture quality is good aswell well worth £120 hopefully Tesco will release an upgraded version with better specs next year
Having had your Hudl for a while now could you give me some feedback on it.

The only negative I'm hearing is the weight.

Iv'e not had any problems at all it plays videos with ease is pretty smooth on web browsing the touch controls are not as quick as say the new nexus 7 but perfectly usable and its run every game ive tried as far as weight goes havent noticed it at all only thing worrying me is only 1gb of memory

Back