Tesco Acer Aspire One bargains

Prometheus

Just posting a heads-up for fellow Brits here, if I may, just in case anyone has missed this. I hope nobody minds.

There's an offer going on at some Tesco branches right now for a handful of models of the Acer Aspire One laptops (all of them are the Linpus Linux Lite version, as far as I'm aware, although I did see a far smaller discount advertised on a Windows XP model as well at one point, marked down from £249 to £219). The 512MB RAM/8GB SSD models are being sold off for £99 each, and the 1GB RAM/120GB HDD ones are going for £129.

They seem to be selling quite quickly even in branches where such stock isn't put on display (even in "dummy box" form) and you're required to enquire as to their availability, so if you're after one, you may have to try a few locations.

Hopefully this might be useful to someone out there. :p

I have an Aspire One, tricked it out with a 32gig SSD card, extra RAM, and a big fat battery pack that goes for days without needing to be re-charged (I regularly get 7 hours of usage out of it) .. its a great machine! Especially if you run UNR on it .. everything just works, the experience was just like getting a Macbook!

Back