Beta Tecnoballz

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hi there,

tecnoballz_linux.png

Here is (very) quick port of tecnoballz.

[ download ] - [ website ]

maplesugarlover said:
sebt3, does this mean you are going to port more apps on the wiki that are "Unreleased"?
Hum ?
Not realy.
I just feeled like playig this one on the go. It's one of my fav' games. I just get bored to not see a release for this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcobit said:
Doesn't seem to show up in the menu.
Hum, it shoud be in the arcade games. I tried to reupload it (as my MD5sum differ from the one on my hosting, still no luck ?)
Wuld you try to download it once again ?

Maybe the buttons could be mapped to the actionbuttons and when you call the ingame menu it shows a mousecursor.

sebt3 said:
Any bugs ? (for those who play that)

Yes! I just had a complete freeze on level 3 right after I caught a certain power up.

This one of my favs as weel, but I have to admit I haven't played much, usally died or quit on first level. That is until tonight I tried for a little longer.

The only info I can give is that it seemed to be when I picked up the power up that shows in your sceen shot. The one that has those circular orange things (only one in your screen shot - mine had 4), and those 3 additional paddles only the sides.

I will also, say that I didn't play straight through. I paused (escape) a few times and left for a while to go back to it.

Another interesting note while paused etc. the screen never blanked, since it locked on me (while I'm typing this) the screen went blank and pressing the Dpad brought back but game still froze.

Edited: number of paddles were on all four sides not 3 as I said above

FYI,

As per above I just had chance to play again and made it to level 6 when I got the same power up and same result - it locked up and had to hit Pandora key to kill (not hard reset).

Scott

You're not lucky with my games :(
If you like this one, you should try sdl-ball (which I do have finished)
I've put that bug in my todo list (but that's large and long....)
EDIT: if someone want to make this one works, feel free, that PND is just a build from the original source without changes.

sebt3 said:
You're not lucky with my games :(
If you like this one, you should try sdl-ball (which I do have finished)
I've put that bug in my todo list (but that's large and long....)
EDIT: if someone want to make this one works, feel free, that PND is just a build from the original source without changes.

Yes, and thats unfortunate since it seems we have more in common than just area of residence (it is Canada right?). It seems for the most part we have similar taste in games as well.

I have tried that briefly and I like it, but I have to say this one is the best breakout on the pandora so far (including Briquolo - which has promise).

Ok, I'll stop bothering after this one! :D I actually updated to RC2 and same issues, no difference, however I found another place it locked on me. Was the level with no blocks but airplanes you have to shoot. It started and froze.

In addition, I then downgraded to HF4 (original on openpandora.org firmware page. It made no difference as I still get the same lockups on that special powerup (Didn't play airplane level on HF4 though).

I think I'll go right up to HF5 again!

Back