Tecnoballz Port

Cpasjuste

After the PSP, here is the GP2X port of the tecnoballz arkanoid like game :)

A dirty readme and download link, with sources like always, on my crappy webblog http://mydedibox.fr/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=12 :)

Or a direct one : http://mydedibox.fr/modules/wfdownloads/si...cid=5&lid=7

http://linux.tlk.fr/games/TecnoballZ/screenshots/

tecnoballz1.png

tecnoballz3.png

tecnoballz4.png

tecnoballz5.png

Thank you! I was waiting for a good non-emulated breakout game.

Anyone else able to access the weblog or direct-download links? I get "Sorry, you don't have permission to access this area."

perishabl said:
Anyone else able to access the weblog or direct-download links? I get "Sorry, you don't have permission to access this area."
Hehe sorry, i made a mistake, the problem is corrected now you should try again !

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thanks for the port.

Maybe you could slow the menu selecting a bit, it seems over sensitive.

Good work.

DaveC said:

Good work.
Hehe yep, the reason is i made a crappy hack to set the mouse on the gp2x joystick. Is there a simple function to make the gp2x joystick seen like a mouse under sdl ?

Cpasjuste said:
DaveC said:

Good work.
Hehe yep, the reason is i made a crappy hack to set the mouse on the gp2x joystick. Is there a simple function to make the gp2x joystick seen like a mouse under sdl ?

Not sure, but just slowing the "mouse" speed a bit would help.

Maybe you could just forget about using a "mouse" type control completely. You could replace that with the stick just highlighting the menu options, tiles, etc. Of course that is much more work.

Cool game. In my opinion the paddle is somewhat fast though. Would be cool if you could slow it down with a button or something, for more accuracy.

Thanks for the port.

Draken said:
Cool game. In my opinion the paddle is somewhat fast though. Would be cool if you could slow it down with a button or something, for more accuracy.

Thanks for the port.
Should not be hard to do, i will.

not sure if it's been reported but i haven't seen it...if you hit the vol- button, the music gets lower, but as soon as a song starts/restarts (new level, lose a ball, whatever), the volume resets itself. also it looks like the zeroes in the numbers are showing up as ones (shop screen stuff, side bar). at least i notice these two things in my copy but maybe i messed up the install or something? can anyone else confirm these?

rokdcasbah said:
not sure if it's been reported but i haven't seen it...if you hit the vol- button, the music gets lower, but as soon as a song starts/restarts (new level, lose a ball, whatever), the volume resets itself. also it looks like the zeroes in the numbers are showing up as ones (shop screen stuff, side bar). at least i notice these two things in my copy but maybe i messed up the install or something? can anyone else confirm these?
I cant verify right now but its for sure some real bugs. I will try to solve them if i have the courage to work on it again !

Back