Teaching A 5 Year Old Child To Calculate 12+31

OrR

Corporate games suck.
Website
grvoid.com
It should be pretty easy and a lot of fun to make a GP2X application to teach little children basic math. It should be lots of fun designing such an application and it could also open a new market for the GP2X.
I've got a basic overiew of how I imagine the program already written down and I could do lots of planning, designing and possibly some graphics. Of course there is the old problem that I don't have any coding skills... :rolleyes:
What I need:
-A coder...
-Someone to do voice acting. All the instructions in the game need to be spoken since we can't assume our clients can read... ;)
-Possibly graphics and sound
Anyone interested? I could imagine making this a commercial project but we don't have to. High portability would be great so this could also work on PCs and Palms. Multiple languages would be possible, too. Ideally, all that would be changed would be the voice files.
If this works out, it would be possible to continue with a program to make little children read but that one would be quite a challenge...

why do that when there is seseme street 123 on the nes, which is emulated on all those systems. its really cool, it has astro grover and ernies magic shapes. i have it right now. very fun. i give it A+++

I will do the voice acting (sweet, snagged the easy job :p)

No but really don't we have teachers in schools to do this. No offense and all its a cool idea, but I say let our tax dollars/whatever money you use, go to use.

thejoeandchip posted on Dec 30 2005 at 05:48 AM said:
why do that when there is seseme street 123 on the nes, which is emulated on all those systems. its really cool, it has astro grover and ernies magic shapes. i have it right now. very fun. i give it A+++
If that one is any good, you've got a point. However, I've yet to see a good learning program... I'll take a look.
reallynotnick posted on Dec 30 2005 at 06:56 AM said:
I will do the voice acting (sweet, snagged the easy job :p)

No but really don't we have teachers in schools to do this. No offense and all its a cool idea, but I say let our tax dollars/whatever money you use, go to use.
You can't always rely on the teachers... Also it's good to start early. Sure, nobody would need such a program but it would still be useful. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
U'd be surprised how computer smart kids are today chief.
I get my neices (6&3 years old) & my friends kids (6&8 years old) to test out new software for me all the time lol.
I've also let them use my iPod, laptop, digital camera & digital cam-recorder without incident. It doesn't take them long at all to suss out how to use them.
Now a days they get tought how to email while still at first school. Wish they would have done that while I was there <_<.
I think it's a good idea to introduce some learning software onto the GP2X. Would keep the kids busy on a long car trip ;)

Back