Oldplay - A Player For Old Computer Formats

Kamiyay

Still Fresh
I know we have GMU to play MP3s and Oggs and what not, but it currently does not support these older formats. I would love to be able to play music from the actual games and while I know there isn't a lot of call for MIDI anymore, it'd be awesome if they could be played.

Oldplay has been ported to both the Dingoo and the original GP2X. I am still studying and learning to program, but I don't know the first step in how I would port this.

The source can be found Removed.
Edit: See my post further down for better source files.

If anyone could tell me if this was even possible or where to start that would be much appreciated.

Update: I talked to the_gama, the guy who ported Oldplay to the Dingoo, and he told me:

"You should download the sources from version 1.10 of OldPlay for Dingux it should be
compatible with the GP2X port."

Either that or look on mickets svn repository (but I think this would be a good enough shot).

The source code is [here].

I've never ported anything before (hell I've never programmed), but I am willing to give it a shot. Anyone know of a starters tutorial or something for compiling things for the Wiz?

Edit: Just want to add, I don't know c++, so I am going to have to learn it to do this. (Which I am looking forward to and will do). However, it means that it will probably take a LONG time to get this ported (I looked at the source, I don't know where to start so I figure I should start with learning C++. It's a simple answer).

Back