Release Taskwarrior

fahrstuhl

Hi,

Taskwarrior is a command-line todo list manager.
according to taskwarrior.orgThis is my first pnd, so I'm pretty sure I've done some ugly hacks in the startscript and the .bashrc.Still, it does what I need it to do, so maybe somebody else might like it, too.Feedback is very welcome.
EDIT: And I found the first bug... Once the terminal of the pnd is running, new terminals use the same settings. oo"

EDIT2: Okay, it now uses the included task shell. It sadly has no tab-completion, but the commands are usually short enough.

EDIT3: Terminals should no longer influence each other :D Starts task shell in a new terminal window.

EDIT4: New taskwarrior 2.1.1 with LUA support and included LUA 5.2.1.

EDIT5: I seem to have problems uploading... Please stand by.

EDIT6: Here is the new task.pnd Outdated, use the repo.

EDIT7: Also in the repo: Task

EDIT8: Updated to taskwarrior 2.1.2 because of ssokolow's comment on the repo:

I'm very thankful for this, but could we possibly get a quick update for the just-released 2.1.2 version? 2.1.1 has a bug in "task merge" and that seems like a command that's more relevant on the Pandora than anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
What timing, Fahrstuhl!.....

It just so happens that I installed PanDebian the other day and compiled Task 2.0 for it within PanDebian....works great...

Didn't think I could easily compile Task for Angstrom....so, didn't consider that option...

Will give it a try.....will be more convenient than having to open up PanDebian.....

Thanks for sharing this....

For those reading this thread, Task is a great, easy to use, but quite powerful task manager/To Do List program....check it out at link in Fahrstuhl's post above....

Tried your Task pnd and it does work...

However, some of the Task features or commands don't seem to work...like they do on the version I compiled for PanDebian....

Could you be a bit more specific? :D What commands and features exactly? ( The problem could be that the pnd does not have LUA support. )

I compiled the most recent version of taskwarrior with included LUA 5.2

PND is in the first post and I'll upload it to the repo if there are no problems (Haven't found any yet)

I couldn't upload to the forums for some reason. Probably unstable internet. FTP upload to freespace worked, though, see the first post ;D

Are you sure your PND completed its upload ? it's only 2kb... I tried to put in on my Pandora but it is not recognized so I guess the full file did not transfer.

I've downloaded the PND and it works on my Pandora. It's 5,8MB big for me so maybe your download wasn't complete or you ejected your SD card to soon?

I'm not sure, but

Code:
wget fahrstuhl.bplaced.de/pnd/task.pnd

--2012-09-05 13:32:26--  http://fahrstuhl.bplaced.de/pnd/task.pnd

Resolving fahrstuhl.bplaced.de... 176.9.52.229

Connecting to fahrstuhl.bplaced.de|176.9.52.229|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 6108795 (5.8M)

looks ok oo"

Have you tried downloading it via http? I can't download it via ftp unless I log in.

I'm not sure, but

Code:

--2012-09-05 13:32:26-- http://fahrstuhl.bplaced.de/pnd/task.pnd

Resolving fahrstuhl.bplaced.de... 176.9.52.229

Connecting to fahrstuhl.bplaced.de|176.9.52.229|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 6108795 (5.8M)

looks ok oo"

Have you tried downloading it via http? I can't download it via ftp unless I log in.

Let me try wget... :)

--2012-09-05 20:56:55-- http://fahrstuhl.bpl...de/pnd/task.pnd

Resolving fahrstuhl.bplaced.de (fahrstuhl.bplaced.de)... 176.9.52.229

Connecting to fahrstuhl.bplaced.de (fahrstuhl.bplaced.de)|176.9.52.229|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden

2012-09-05 20:56:57 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

I am probably not the only one not able to download it then :)

So far it works great but two minor issues:

- when you do "task xxx edit" somehow the edit screen does not work (you cannot edit the lines). Or maybe I do not know how this function works...

- something maybe not related to your PND, but to my ignorance : how do you add a project name to a task which was already created ? I tried task xx modify, append, annotate but nothing works for that...

Thanks for your help!

Adding a project name should work via xxx modify project:name

The app starts the task shell directly, so you don't need to prepend 'task' but can directly enter xxx edit. xxx edit starts vi for me... And because I do some pretty ugly stuff to get the task shell started in its own terminal window it's not that easy to modify oo" Usually you'd set the EDITOR variable in your .bashrc but I temporarily set HOME to be /mnt/utmp/task. It made sense some time ago but I forgot how.

EDIT: It doesn't seem to make a difference oO HOME always gets set to /mnt/utmp/task

This is what the task.sh does (the file started by the pnd):

Code:
#!/bin/sh

export PATH="/mnt/utmp/task/usr/bin:${PATH:-"/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin"}"

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=":${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:-"/usr/lib:/lib"}"

export HOME="/mnt/utmp/task/"

export TASKRC="/mnt/utmp/task/taskrc"

cp --no-clobber /mnt/utmp/task/taskrc.default /mnt/utmp/task/taskrc

cp --no-clobber /mnt/utmp/task/usr/share/doc/task/task-ref.pdf /mnt/utmp/task/task-ref.pdf

if [ -d /mnt/utmp/task/share ];then

export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/mnt/utmp/task/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS:/usr/share

fi

export SDL_AUDIODRIVER="alsa"

cd /mnt/utmp/task

exec /usr/bin/terminal --disable-server --hide-menubar --working-directory="/mnt/utmp/task" --title=Taskwarrior -e "./usr/bin/task shell" $*

#exec /usr/bin/terminal --disable-server --hide-menubar --title=Taskwarrior --working-directory="/mnt/utmp/task" $*

One more remark - the arrows on the d-pad do not work like in the terminal and that would actually be very useful if they did in taskwarrior -> because then you wouldnt have to type again and again the same commands, you could just call the previous ones and edit them in line - is that something possible to fix?>

Back