Task Manager?

DrCJBoduma

Website
Visit site
Hi, was just wondering if there was a decent task manager available. I found etask in the repo but it doesn't seem to work. (although to be fair the whole repo thing is a bit of an unknown to me)

Thanks

CJ

DrCJBoduma said:
Hi, was just wondering if there was a decent task manager available. I found etask in the repo but it doesn't seem to work. (although to be fair the whole repo thing is a bit of an unknown to me)

Thanks

CJ
I hate to say this, but would top work for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
urjaman said:
DrCJBoduma said:

Thanks

CJ
I hate to say this, but would top work for you?
Ahhh sorry I think I was using the wrong phrase. I meant a task/project (remember the milk) type program

Check these
Anything with "Open Source" under the license could theoretically be run on the Pandora (and may already exist in some form somewhere).
Look those over, narrow down the list to the ones that do what you're looking for (that are also open source) and someone may be able to help you further.

Thanks, Task Juggler or the excitingingly named 'planner' seem to be good choices for my needs at least. (although task juggler seems a bit hardcore)

CJ

open up a command line terminal
type: ps -ef

oh you want gui and stuff.. meh

No, he wants something entirely different. Please don't act smug when you haven't even understood what he's asking for.

Anyways, DrCJBoduma, TaskJuggler and Planner are for project planning (ie: breaking down tasks, assigning them to different people, estimating completion time, etc.). Is that what you want, or were you looking for personal task management? Orage should be included by default, it might be what you want. Though my form of task management is a text file. :p

Tempel said:
No, he wants something entirely different. Please don't act smug when you haven't even understood what he's asking for.

Anyways, DrCJBoduma, TaskJuggler and Planner are for project planning (ie: breaking down tasks, assigning them to different people, estimating completion time, etc.). Is that what you want, or were you looking for personal task management? Orage should be included by default, it might be what you want. Though my form of task management is a text file. :p

Yeah I guess I read it real quick and misunderstood. No point and editing myself after people already read it. Please don't try to enforce my smugness it's all I have.

Back