Swag, swag, swag...

Also, a T-shirt with the Obvious Slogan: "I waited two months and all I got was this lousy T-shirt".
With a Pandora-Logo somewhere on it? I buy three! This is so awesome. And onlyl 4000 or so people in the whole world get the joke. :p

I take a coffee mug as well.

Maybe, there should be "local" groups. I bet a delivery from inside is Germany is cheaper, for German (EU?) customers, then a shop in the USA or even UK.

If others make the logos, slogans and whatnot I can try to find a suitable shop in Germany. However, I never did such a thing. so anyone with experience is highly welcome.

And now I will read teh rest of that thread :)

Well, getting the stuff is not the issue.

I've got some good companies where it's not too expensive.

The issue is: It won't help that much I guess.

How many bucks can you make with a shirt? 3 USD? 4 USD? Otherwise it will become too expensive.

If 2000 buy it, that's 6000 USD and A LOT of shipping work... more stuff to do, and we already have so much of work to do.

T-shirt shipping isn't your main thing there.

Maybe contract to a company to handle all of the merchandising. Have them give you creative approval and a fixed % of the sale price on whatever they sell. They acquire, print/decorate and ship.

T-shirts, hats, bumper stickers are fun and all - and would be something to keep the masses entertained and maybe get some 1:1 advertising to boot. I think you should look at it from that angle rather than counting on actually making significant money off of them.

Something you might consider though is to take a few of the 'replacement part cases' and have them professionally painted. Sell the case + 7 day Pandora, expertly re-assembled at auction. The 7 day Pandoras pretty well take the lid off of the arguments against doing this. I'm not likely to buy one - but previous conversations showed that there are people who might. Bigger margin there - but also a bigger labor requirement. Bad art is easy. Good art, one offs, done -nice- are more expensive than a lot of people might realize. The Pandora isn't a big canvas, but it is held close-to-view so it would be fine work.

Well, getting the stuff is not the issue.

I've got some good companies where it's not too expensive.

The issue is: It won't help that much I guess.

How many bucks can you make with a shirt? 3 USD? 4 USD? Otherwise it will become too expensive.

If 2000 buy it, that's 6000 USD and A LOT of shipping work... more stuff to do, and we already have so much of work to do.

T-shirt shipping isn't your main thing there.

Maybe contract to a company to handle all of the merchandising. Have them give you creative approval and a fixed % of the sale price on whatever they sell. They acquire, print/decorate and ship.

T-shirts, hats, bumper stickers are fun and all - and would be something to keep the masses entertained and maybe get some 1:1 advertising to boot. I think you should look at it from that angle rather than counting on actually making significant money off of them.

Personally, I still think that having a company like SpreadShirt (as mentioned on the first page) handle all of that, with an account directed to OP, would work easiest all round. setting up a client-contract relationship would be too much of a time drain.

There is that. I don't want any more delays.

I don't know about Zazzle, but I *believe* that CafePress and TopatoCo handle all of the shipping themselves. i.e. the designers don't actually recieve any of the content other than one or two samples to check for quality.

Yeah, but they're expensive. I can get custom printed shirts for about 2 usd ;)

There is that. I don't want any more delays.

I don't know about Zazzle, but I *believe* that CafePress and TopatoCo handle all of the shipping themselves. i.e. the designers don't actually recieve any of the content other than one or two samples to check for quality.

Yeah, but they're expensive. I can get custom printed shirts for about 2 usd ;)
Yeah, I guess that's the tradeoff - earning more by actually selling & shipping each item youself, or earning less with a comparatively hands-off approach.

Can we get custom braces to convert all you slackers?
If you do that you'll also have to sell pants with the connectors for them, since I've never actually seen them here (I understand they tend to be high-end, I don't pay a lot for clothes).

Can we get custom braces to convert all you slackers?
If you do that you'll also have to sell pants with the connectors for them, since I've never actually seen them here (I understand they tend to be high-end, I don't pay a lot for clothes).
Originally braces were connected by buttons sewn into waist of the trousers, nowadays they use metal clamps to grab the waistband so can connect to any type of trouser.

I'm NOT the guy to organize this - I post a fair bit, but I also disappear for chunks of time.

How 'bout it. A thread, like Richiz's Homebrew Gaming Competition thread for ONE t-shirt design, proceeds to go 90% to Openpandora and 10% to the design winner using something like Cafe Press that, while expensive, deals with those pesky administrative details and the shipping of all the shirts? Contest ends end of March.

Craig, ED, would you guys be okay with that? Is there anybody out there who has the time to reliably run the thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Craig, when are you going to pose for a picture in a Sinclair C5 so that we can design the t-shirt? :p

Back