Supertux V1.4 Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
scachi released a new version of SuperTux - the fantastic 2D-Jump'n'Run.

stux2.png

New in this release:

* Paralax scrolling is working now, thanks to Craigix for reporting this bug.
* Option Music enable/disable in the menu is working now without the annoying infinite sound playback
* Option Sound enable/disable in the menu is working now ( wasn't working at all before)

Download: SuperTux v1.4
Homepage: http://bitmage.de/?section=52

I love this game, I just wish the color scheme of the original was a little more vibrant, but what are you going to to with penguins and ice :)

This is a great game :)

Now I have an excuse to go through it a second time!

This seems like the perfect time to jump in on the Supertux bandwagon! :) Thanks for your great work Scachi!

- Alex

This seems like the perfect time to jump in on the Supertux bandwagon! :) Thanks for your great work Scachi!

- Alex
Thank you..

the most important thing that I want to fix for this port is the lag that sometime happens during game play,
as it it quite annoying if that happens during a jump and you die because of it.
I still don't know what the cause is and I wasn't able to track it down - when playing the game without music and sound this lag still happens sometimes.
This isn't happening on when compiled and played on my PC
Compiling this game for profiling it is only working for the PC,
when I cross compile it with -pg for profiling it won't run on the GP2X (segfaults or I get a message "Profiling timer expired" when exiting supertux).

Any ideas how I can track this lag issue down ?

Last edited by a moderator:
scachi, thankyou for updating this.
While i dont play it myself, my 6 year old son loves this game.

- Alex
Thank you..

the most important thing that I want to fix for this port is the lag that sometime happens during game play,
as it it quite annoying if that happens during a jump and you die because of it.
I still don't know what the cause is and I wasn't able to track it down - when playing the game without music and sound this lag still happens sometimes.
This isn't happening on when compiled and played on my PC
Compiling this game for profiling it is only working for the PC,
when I cross compile it with -pg for profiling it won't run on the GP2X (segfaults or I get a message "Profiling timer expired" when exiting supertux).

Any ideas how I can track this lag issue down ?

I think it's because of task priority settings.
It might work if you set the task priority of SuperTux to high on startup.

Last edited:
Has anyone been playing SuperTux on a TV - on my TV I seem to get the screen doubled, but I've not seen anyone else mention this problem?

mrben posted on Dec 21 2006 at 02:36 PM said:
Has anyone been playing SuperTux on a TV - on my TV I seem to get the screen doubled, but I've not seen anyone else mention this problem?

Works without any problem here.
Are you running from gmenu2x? Try running it from original firmware.

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Dec 22 2006 at 02:09 PM said:
mrben posted on Dec 21 2006 at 02:36 PM said:

Works without any problem here.
Are you running from gmenu2x? Try running it from original firmware.

Running on original firmware on a practically vanilla mk2 gp2x - I think it's firmware 2.0.0 - running on a 28" widescreen TV. I've been running games from DrMDx and they all run fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too get the dual screen issue via TV out on my bog standard Issue 2.
28 inch wide screen CRT, no issues with anything else though, assuming it works on TV out in the first place ;-)
Great game though.
Happy Christmas

Back