Super Sexy Joystick Mod (xbox + Pen = Bliss)

bflaug32

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
haha ok this may be getting old but this mod is real easy and requires very few tools

1 xbox joystick (a friend had a broken one)
1 pair of pliers
1 lighter
1 pen

I was limited to the tools in my dorm and got this done and it works awesome.

ok all i did was cut off the joystick from the xbox and then take the ink well oout of the pen and cut it short, (depends on the pen but it should fit over the joystick holder deal perfectly) and then just melted them together with the lighter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62309383@N00/97604081/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62309383@N00/...in/photostream/

It's too high ... I had to cut down my first Retrocon mod; it sat too high as well ... just chop it and it will perform better :)

um i have only had it for a day or so, and i like it a whole lot more than the pos that came with it. so umm idk i might cut it down, we will see

Is this just a secret way to ask for an Xbox emu? Because you're not getting one!!!! Oh and btw nice mod :)

The higher you make the stick the worse the dead zone is. It makes the throw distance more. I tested that alot when comming up with my mod. My advice is to cut it down as much as possible.

Wow, that's some nice modding. I especially like that last set of pictures.. what is that, an Xbox stick? Does this help the diagonal and deadzone problems at all?

DaveC posted on Feb 9 2006 at 02:06 PM said:
The higher you make the stick the worse the dead zone is. It makes the throw distance more. I tested that alot when comming up with my mod. My advice is to cut it down as much as possible.

yeah i just cut it down and its a lot better.. the dead zone isnt bad.

and no im not asking for xbox emu jackass..

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 9 2006 at 01:23 PM said:
It's too high ... I had to cut down my first Retrocon mod; it sat too high as well ... just chop it and it will perform better :)
That's nothing I put my latest cap mod on a three foot dowel. It has like a two foot deadzone and you have to walk around the GP2X to move the stick far enough to play.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
GASP!

What a deadzone that xbox controller must have. Cut down on the stick a bit. As DaveC said, the less space, the better (On a side note, AMAZING stick dave, I just recieved it today)

Back