Super Metroid

MiOdd

Website
Visit site
Basically, does Super Metroid work? I'm using PocketSNES v6.4.5 I tried several roms and when I load it I see the Nintendo logo it fades to black and then stays black and unresponsive. I can get back to the emulator menu so the emu didn't freeze but the game won't progress past the Nintendo logo. Anybody else have this issue? Do I need to tweak the emulator in any way? or is this game simply not compatible as of yet?

It works, PAL and NTSC normal versions at least.

PAL runs faster.

:( still won't work. I tried every iteration of the ROM I could find including all of these....
Super Metroid (E) [!]
Super Metroid (E) [f1]
Super Metroid (JU) [!]
Super Metroid (JU) [b1]
Super Metroid (JU) [b2]
Super Metroid (JU) [b3]
Super Metroid (JU) [b4]
Super Metroid (JU) [b5]
Super Metroid (JU) [f1]
Super Metroid (JU) [f2]
Super Metroid (JU) [t1]

I tried alternate sources too, everything loads the same, Nintendo logo pops up, I get excited, game fades to black then nothing...

I don't know what else to do. Does anybody think upgrading my firmware might make a difference? I've never done that (afraid to actually) I didn't think that would have any impact on current apps. The SNES emulator still works great for other games so idk what makes mine different.

Ok, I got it. I just deleted my whole PocketSNES folder and downloaded a new one from the archive reinstalled it and my old ROM worked fine... not sure why I didn't do that sooner, or what was even different... the emulator still says the same version number... oh well... works now... yay! :lol:

Thanks!

-EDIT-

Sorta spoke too soon... when I copied over all my saved states, sram and options it stopped working again. Weird... but I it was the global save file that was screwing it up apparently. Deleted that and it started working again, even created a new global save and it kept working... not sure whats going on here but whatever works.

Back