Super Mario Rpg: Legend Of The Seven Stars

mattlett14

Still Fresh
Hey guys, I just got my GP2X yesterday, and I love everything about it. I wasn't sure where to post this question, and I did a search with no results I was really looking for so here it goes.

If this question is in the wrong place, someone have a mod move it to the correct place. Thanks!

Ok, so I have an SNES emulator, actually I have tried them all with no evail of running Super Mario RPG. The file loads, but doesn't play..just a black screen. The FPS shows up in the upper left hand corner of the screen but nothing happens besides a black screen. I know I am a noob to all of this, and it may be a very simple fix, but I'm willing to learn as much as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys.

Matt

I could've sworn I read people that had it working, maybe it was on the GP32. Is there any known way to get it to work with a GP2X?

I wasn't sure where to post it up at, if someone would move it if needed that would be awesome.

What you probably read was concerning the Super Mario RPG that is on the Game Boy Advance emulator. I don't think the Super Mario RPG on the SNES will work due to the chip needed, has not been emulated. I have not read in the forums about any one getting it to work. I have pretty much tried to keep up with the SNES emulation. I think. :blink:

edit: typos as usual.

Ooh, I know. It didn't work for the GP32 either, but people got around it by loading the rom up in Zsnes, play the game for a little bit, save it and then put the rom and the save file in the gp2x and open up the save file.

That _MIGHT_ work...

Also, I believe I heard people talk about playing it on the older, slower SNES emus, specifically the one by NightKnight. You'd need to overclock very heavily, and the speed is quite a lot slower than on Squidgesnes or DrPocketSnes, but I'm fairly sure it'll work. Certainly worth a try...

Um, sorry if I`m asking in wrong place, but.. what about Star Ocean?
Is it actually works? I`ve got strong graphic corruption, completely unplayable. Maybe it`s just my rom, though. :(

Cruel said:
Um, sorry if I`m asking in wrong place, but.. what about Star Ocean?
Is it actually works? I`ve got strong graphic corruption, completely unplayable. Maybe it`s just my rom, though. :(
Nope, it's not just you.

Hey, a GP2X icon-- :gp2x

Last edited by a moderator:
more like legend of the BORING stars!

:D

that's how i feel about that game, anyway.

i played through it years ago and really liked it. but a couple of weeks ago i put it on my xbox and the repetitive gameplay was not enough to distract from the (in my opinion) ugly pre-rendered art.

i guess you could do worse, though. might actually look better on the gp2x.

Back