Crocodingus In Crocoland

rpgchocobo

Chocobo Tamer
Website
Visit site
Here I am reviewing this strange Crocodile platformer.

Graphics- Very nice. Detailed and colorful. Shows the environment and the characters well. They look like mediocre Snes graphics. Still, not extremely detailed. The background is a little plain,like a NES game. So, 8/10 seems fair.

Sound- Yay this game has sound! Nice music and sound effects. Has a catchy tune which is nice. When I first played this gameI thought it didn't have sound, but I turned up the volume and it did! 8.5/10

Gameplay- It is a platformer, like Mario. One of the best game genres around. Classic style B) Can't argue with that. 10/10

Overall- one of the best homebrewn games around. it was very nicely done. Everyone should try this game. 9/10

I also like the game. I have a question though. did you notice that it is pretty hard to get to the door on the first level? B) i'm talking about how the spikes are really sensitive.

generalnmx posted on Sep 3 2004 at 07:18 PM said:
You failed to mention what system this game is for ^^;

I guess, if not otherwise stated, it should be clear that it's a native GP32 game.
GP32 game reviews are more important anyway. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
rpgchocobo posted on Sep 3 2004 at 05:45 PM said:
Gameplay- It is a platformer, like Mario. One of the best game genres around. Classic style B) Can't argue with that. 10/10
Don't know if it's just me but I think it's very hard to control the main character, I can't even get through the first level and IMO controls are a very important part of gameplay. I don't think this game deserves 10/10 for gameplay just because it is the same genre as Mario, which seems to be your conclusion, it should only get that if it would be just as perfect.
This doesn't mean I don't like the game, I just think perfect scores should be reserved for perfect games. This is a fun game and it looks very promising, I just wouldn't put it in the same league as one of the best games ever created. Now let the flames begin...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back