Release Super Cars III

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Super Cars III, a remake of the old Super Cars and Super Cars II.

preview1.png

This game is in Java, so you'll need Java installed on your Pandora to run it.

I have forced Fullscreeen, and tried to make the game scale or center nicely. I have not completed the game, so I may have missed a screen or two.

The loading of the race is a bit long (more than 10 sec), so you have just a black screen meanwhile.

History log

=========

Build 03

-----------

• In synch with latest v0.6 version
  • Many improvment in the gameplay (from v0.6)
Build 02

-----------

• New Repair/shop screen (thanks @ekianjo)
Build 01

-----------

• Initial build
  • Adapted keymap to Pandora
  • Adapted screenres to Pandora

Super Cars III is featured on Pandoralive here: pandoralive.info/?p=4340

Sources are in the PND if you are curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to say Thanks ptitSeb again for this excellent port (and full screen!) - I mentioned a minor fix to be added in the repo comments. 
Thanks.

That particular screen is difficult to scale, because of the interrections. I'll try, not sure if I'll succeed.

Just want to say Thanks ptitSeb again for this excellent port (and full screen!) - I mentioned a minor fix to be added in the repo comments. 
Thanks.

That particular screen is difficult to scale, because of the interrections. I'll try, not sure if I'll succeed.
If it can't be fixed can the page be centered and redesigned for 800*480 ? (i.e. keep it at 1:1 ratio wthout touching at the menus, then add a frame around it?)

Thanks.

If it can't be fixed can the page be centered and redesigned for 800*480 ? (i.e. keep it at 1:1 ratio wthout touching at the menus, then add a frame around it?)
That can be easier in a developpement point of view, but require graphics skill (wich I don't have). I have to check.

(I had used a slightly different approach for gods, I'll see if I can reuse some of the resizing function I developped for it here)

Thanks.

That can be easier in a developpement point of view, but require graphics skill (wich I don't have). I have to check.
i can help with that :)

Here is the picture:repair.png

It's 642x400 (yep, strange). Give me a 800x480 without changing the size of the screen and I'll adapt the code (you can even try to replace the Amiga by a Pandora if you prefer).

Current position of screen is (166,38) - (480,244)

But I can also try to just scale the picture...

Here is the picture:
attachicon.gif
repair.png

It's 642x400 (yep, strange). Give me a 800x480 without changing the size of the screen and I'll adapt the code (you can even try to replace the Amiga by a Pandora if you prefer).

OK, I will try something during this week :)

166-> X ? 

38 -> Y  ? I assume ? 

Here is the picture:
attachicon.gif
repair.png

166-> X ? 

38 -> Y  ? I assume ? 
Yes exactly, it's screen coordinates (0,0 is up , left)

Here is the picture:
attachicon.gif
repair.png

166-> X ? 

38 -> Y  ? I assume ? 
Yes exactly, it's screen coordinates (0,0 is up , left)
got it, will work on something quickly. 

Quick blast last night..

I was worried that the game wouldn't feel like its Amiga counterpart but it does. The controls are great.

Slight juddering on a CC Pandora now and again but that's at default clock speed with no swap file added and my network connection kept trying to butt in. From the desktop too not minimenu.

This is gunna get some serious play time :D

New build, with the adapted repair/screen that ekianjo sent me.

It's working well :)

Build 02

-----------

• New Repair/shop screen (thanks @ekianjo)

After some mail with the original author, he has released a new version, with some pending modifications. New version include a better detection of completed lap, and many in game small improvement and fine tunning, to make it more closer to SC2...

Build 03

-----------

• In synch with latest v0.6 version
  • Many improvment in the gameplay (from v0.6)

Back