Sunbeam - Abandoned (sourcode Released!)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may remember Sunbeam by Falken Entertainment, a very promising looking french RPG for the GP32.

sunbeam.jpg

Sadly, the developers have stopped with that project.
However, they have released playable binaries for the GP32 and the sourcecode (and graphics), so that anybody who wants to pick that project up (or port it to a different system) can do so.

sunbeam2.jpg

Download: Sunbeam
Download: Sunbeam Sourcecode

ah, sorry to hear that it had to be abandoned.

I hope the developers have moved on to something greater. Either way, this will be great for the community.

What kind of licence has it been released under?

Good of them to release the source like this; they could have easily just kept it to themselves when the project was abandoned.

EDIT: and if anyone is interested, this is the program from which the graphic set was based, so it should be relatively simple to continue development.

Sad that they've discontinued the project - I remember thinking this was one of thos egames that would really show what the old 32 could do. On the other hand, cool that what there was is now released. I wonder how complete it actually was, and how easily portable to the 2x it might be...

I remember when this was announced. It's too bad it got cancelled (though I can't say it surprised me)--especially since they made such nice artwork for it. Of course, the logo's a rip of Golden Sun, but maybe the whole game was based on that. I should try it and find out. :p

Pretty cool, can't figure out how to equip weapons or anything but it's looking nice :) Too bad there's a lot of gfx glitches off the main first area...

It's pretty incomplete (gamewise) but it is open source so hey, can't complain there :)

Seems like it's not much more than a proof-of-concept :(

Still, depending on the license, the media included could make a great game if someone decided to continue development.

Back