Suggestion Of Porting Mnemosyne

izzie

Still Fresh
I couldn't find a thread where we can suggest apps to be ported to the pandora, so I'm posting here.
I have a suggestion for www.mnemosyne to be ported to the pandora. It's a free and opensource flash card apps to help with learning.

but these screenshots might be more explicit than my description

unicode.png
pictures.png

I lack the knowledge and time to do such a task myself, so I'm posting here hoping someone with time and relevant knowledge looking for ideas of software tot port to pandora will take it on.

go for it

looks to me like it would be a very low-interest project (no offense to your interests).

for the first while, the pandora dev scene is going to be very heavily invested in the most popular apps/games. i cant imagine this project would be picked up, unless a dev wanted it him/herself.

It seems to be a Qt3 app, should work just fine on the pandora. Maybe some screen size adjustments.

it might not the highest interest project to port but it is an interesting one, a one of its kind and it certainly targets people interested in the pandora. I mean I know people following the pandora with interest that would be delighted to know that there's a program running on the pandora to help with learning japanese (hiragana and katakana). see http://www.nihongoperapera.com/ for details

AFAIK, mind training and memory training apps that are efficient, open source and running on linux are not so common, so i thought it was worth mentioning here. mnemosyne would are an added value to the pandora apps library.

besides I'm not sure there is a lot of work to do here, maybe it's just a matter of compiling for ARM.

anyways, if a dev with some free time see this thread...

i'd like to add my support for this app. if a dev were to port this there would be one more happy person in the world.

I was actually playing around with this on my PC the other day - it is nice.

Overgauss gets points. I don't know in what, but he gets points.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
lulzfish said:
The Arabic for "house" looks like two boobs with a pencil stuck between them.
Does this application use Qt? It kinda looks like either Qt3 or maybe GTK+.
Those are some funky boobies and you really need to get laid Lulz ;)
Get that, or a Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares on answering or at least reading the 30 pages long port request thread? Many nice, open source, some ported to ARM requests are there and I'm not sure if they are known. This is a comeback from the grave, yes, but at least one more known nice request.

Anki, which is a similar program to Mnemosyne, is already on the port request wiki page. I dont know about Mnemosyne, but Anki also has a webclient which can be used offline... so even if nobody makes a full port it will at least me partially functional with just a browser.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to start a feature war. Yet I cannot help but notice that Anki decks are mostly for those that study Japanese or other languages. Anki is currently light on Maths for instance. In any case, I didn't know there was a port request for Anki already and am fine lending my support to it. I've used it in the past. If I had my druthers, I'druther dual boot Android for Anki, then hop into PÅngström OS to run Mnemosyne. That way I have the best of both worlds and my Mother Box could ping larger and more varied facts into my brain.

Also I couldn't easily find the source code for Mnemosyne so I didn't post this in the port request thread. My forum search did return this thread, however, so here we are.

Back