Suggest Me A Keyboard For The Gp2x

scarath

Hi
i was thinking of getting a GP2X to use for gaming and for word processing 'on the go' but i need a keyboard and was wondering which would be best?

Does the usb host hack work with keyboards? would i be better off getting an ext one?

Would this work?

Thanks in advance

Any USB keyboard should work with the USB host port. I don't think that Palm keyboard will work, it's not USB. I have seen similar USB models, not by Palm of course.

A roll up keyboard would be cool. There's also a bluetooth laser keyboard (which projects to a flat surface), I don't know if bluetooth adapters work yet.

Blah said:
Any USB keyboard should work with the USB host port. I don't think that Palm keyboard will work, it's not USB. I have seen similar USB models, not by Palm of course.

A roll up keyboard would be cool. There's also a bluetooth laser keyboard (which projects to a flat surface), I don't know if bluetooth adapters work yet.
I thought the USB host didnt work for keyboards?

Or wud i have to hack it? (i have seen the HOWTOs)

I thought ext keyboards may work as the gp2x has the ext on the bottom like a pda.

Last edited by a moderator:
While an ext port keyboard may work, assuming you are purchasing the cradle, you would be best off going with a usb keyboard, as they have nearly universal support under linux. I ordered a targus foldable keyboard from here. I like it because it is so small when folded. I haven't verified that this works with the gp2x yet, but it is a usb keyboard, and the word universal is in the the product name, so i pretty much just assumed it would jive with linux. As soon as I get it in, i'll do a small review of it and let the board know how it went.

MechsWillOneDayStepOnYou said:
Blah said:

I thought the USB host didnt work for keyboards?

Or wud i have to hack it? (i have seen the HOWTOs)

I thought ext keyboards may work as the gp2x has the ext on the bottom like a pda.

The electronics of the EXT port on the GP2X doesn't match the electronics of any PDA, so you need a USB keyboard and a USB host cable.

Blah said:
The electronics of the EXT port on the GP2X doesn't match the electronics of any PDA, so you need a USB keyboard and a USB host cable.
i'll probably just buy the cradle thing, plug the keyboard into that and use battery power (keyboard wont use much i guess)

Back