Keyboard With Gp2x F100

spx2

Still Fresh
is there any hope of getting a usb keyboard to work with the gp2x f100 without a cradle ?
is there any ext->usb cable around?
thank you

There is this cable you get with it, and there are usb female to female connectors out there, so you can connect any normal usb device to the cable.

I ordered mine from ebay for fun. Cannot yet tell if anything works with it. I think you would need a driver for anything uncommon, but actually I just don't know. I will try it out with my F200 when the connector arrives.

Redsandro said:
There is this cable you get with it, and there are usb female to female connectors out there, so you can connect any normal usb device to the cable.

I ordered mine from ebay for fun. Cannot yet tell if anything works with it. I think you would need a driver for anything uncommon, but actually I just don't know. I will try it out with my F200 when the connector arrives.
Won't work. The USB port that is on the GP2X is slave only, meaning another device controls the interface. Just getting them to plug into each other isn't enough to make things work. You have to have software or hardware support on many things these days.

You need to access the USB Host port on the EXT connector. The easiest way is to get the break-out-board (BoB) that has USB Host ports. There you can connect flash drives, keyboards, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, darnit..

I know people do all kinds of usb stuff, didn't know they use an ext port for that.
Do you know if the connector that goes in the ext port is some kind of common, or GPH only? If it's common I'll order some just to solder one with usb, one with tv-out and stuff.

Is there currently any place selling the BoB, the commercial cradle, or even just a USB host cord? Or are things pretty much dried up and we all have to wait for the Pandora?

Back