Such Great Hardware, How Will Games Work?

Tacolordo

Still Fresh
Well i was linked to this site from another game site and this pandora looks pretty frickin sweet. My only problem with it is this. How user-friendly will it be? I'm not familiar with all of this programming and such. Will it come packaged with instructions how to get a game on there? Will you guys have some games available for the pandora? It just seems to have so many possibilities so i just want to know more about the actual games and how i would play them before i think about buying it.

Most, if not all games will be homebrew (made by members of the community). Games will be easy to install (Drag n' Drop). There will be emulators that will hopefully emulate any system made before the PSone. There should be a good library of games by the time of release in the summer, and that will continue to grow. I suggest you look around the forums to see what games people are thinking about making and see if anything appeals to you.

It will be very simple, at most will require unzipping a file onto an SD card -- but will likely have an auto-installer system as well.

But I hope you are not under any misconception about the "games" that are likely to appear on Pandora -- they will not be like commercial games on the DS or PSP. We're talking primarily homebrew (FREE) games, although many will be of exceptional quality. Take a look at the GP2X archives on this site for an idea (or any Linux repository).

Also, one of the strengths of Pandora will be emulation, so you will (likely) be able to play all the commercial games from the NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA, PS1, Amiga, C64, ZX, Neo Geo, MAME, etc, etc.

and just add to what they have sayde the pandora will have some commercial games even the gp2x had some good 1 like Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles

also if you like to get a glimps of what can be coming for the pandora read this thread
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=40233

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I browsed a little and there is a nice selection of games that should be fun. Any idea if psp or ds games could be emulated? Perhaps later after it is released in an update or download. Will there be a main list with downloads for all the games coming? Like so I don't have to browse the forums, just a main area with the games and descriptions. Although it says in the sticky no links to roms, but i guess homebrew is different.

Tacolordo said:
Ok I browsed a little and there is a nice selection of games that should be fun. Any idea if psp or ds games could be emulated? Perhaps later after it is released in an update or download. Will there be a main list with downloads for all the games coming? Like so I don't have to browse the forums, just a main area with the games and descriptions. Although it says in the sticky no links to roms, but i guess homebrew is different.
The PSP will definetly not be emulated. Possibly the DS, but most likely not. The games and emulators will probably be hosted on the gp2x archive, if not it will be on a similar site. You'll have to find ROM's on your own, but homebrew is OK to post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back