Stupid Idea (?!) : Md

greven

Website
Visit site
Hello, i just wonder : will it be possible to use a MD reader for data storage. I know the first only accept audio files, but the new (with HIMD) accept data files. So is it possible to use it for storage (i think the probleme will be the software, we need for exemple sonicstage for Snoy.., and it doesn't exist on the GP32...).
Hum, i think it will be gard (if it is not impossible..) but then can we use a MP3 reader with a HDD (like créative Muvo²..).
Thanks for the answer, and sorry for my bad English.

greven posted on Oct 1 2004 at 11:00 AM said:
Hello, i just wonder : will it be possible to use a MD reader for data storage. I know the first only accept audio files, but the new (with HIMD) accept data files. So is it possible to use it for storage (i think the probleme will be the software, we need for exemple sonicstage for Snoy.., and it doesn't exist on the GP32...).
Hum, i think it will be gard (if it is not impossible..) but then can we use a MP3 reader with a HDD (like créative Muvo²..).
Thanks for the answer, and sorry for my bad English.

Might be possible with gpLinux's USB support. I already know they got a USB HDD working with it...

Last edited by a moderator:
As you said, we would need the closely-guarded proprietary code that makes up the NetMD interface. Wrestling that out of Sony's hands would be nigh-impossible.

I suppose we could always use it like an 8-bit tape drive; dunno how it would be controlled by the GP.

Back