Stuck Pixel

maxemillian

Still Fresh
Does anyone know of a program or video to be run on the GP2X, able to 'unstick' a stuck pixel?

Any responses much appreciated,

Maxemillian

maxemillian posted on Dec 31 2006 at 07:07 AM said:
Does anyone know of a program or video to be run on the GP2X, able to 'unstick' a stuck pixel?

Any responses much appreciated,

Maxemillian

There are java-based and proprietary coded softwares for PSPs and you LCD monitors to alternate the RGB value of the pixels, and supposedly work between 20 minutes and overnight. However, I can't seem to find one compatible (format wise) for the GP2X. I might try to code one up in Pygame. I am sure someone will either find one already made on the net, or code one faster than I can using some other language.

Last edited by a moderator:
i made a pixel fixer for gp2x some time ago. i will have a look and see if i still have it.

edit - you can download it here. I said in the readme to let it run for a few hours but check it out after 15 mins, if not leave it a bit longer. hope it fixes the stuck pixel

The PSP one is just a video - you could probably convert it for use on the GP2X.

I just finished my own pixel fixer in Pygame. I got about 90 fps with it. I uploaded it here:

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,1994

Guyfawkes version seems to run good too. His does not require pygame and python installed as mine does.

BTW Guyfawkes: How do you create single file executables like your pixel fixer?

EDIT: Had to re-upload file. Updated the link.

instead of using images it fills the screen with red, green, blue colours if that is what you meant? if you meant why isn't there any runtime files like fenix or python etc. its because it uses SDL with static linking so everything is in one file (which is why its 600K in filesize).

instead of using images it fills the screen with red, green, blue colours if that is what you meant? if you meant why isn't there any runtime files like fenix or python etc. its because it uses SDL with static linking so everything is in one file (which is why its 600K in filesize).

The later. How do you code those up?

The later. How do you code those up?

i think you just add "-static" to the compiler options. then sift through the pages of new shit your compiler comes back with.

Back