Stuck Pixel On My Psp

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Well, I bought a PSP around 1:30 PM today, and when I got home at 4 PM, I plugged it in and started messing around with the settings. After a while, I noticed that there was a dead/stuck pixel on my screen! It looks like the red liquid crystals for that pixel aren't twisting, and it's staying white. I don't know how I'd fix it. Has anyone here fixed a dead pixel on a PSP before?

Com64 said:
Well, I bought a PSP around 1:30 PM today, and when I got home at 4 PM, I plugged it in and started messing around with the settings. After a while, I noticed that there was a dead/stuck pixel on my screen! It looks like the red liquid crystals for that pixel aren't twisting, and it's staying white. I don't know how I'd fix it. Has anyone here fixed a dead pixel on a PSP before?
I actually have the same thing. I immediately used a stuck pixel fixer on it for a while, but it didn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reo said:
Com64 said:
I actually have the same thing. I immediately used a stuck pixel fixer on it for a while, but it didn't work.
Pixel fixer, eh? I'll try to run something on it, but I have to find my MS pro duo first.

Popcorn Dave said:
If you bought it at a shop, why not take it back?

Some stores may cave in and replace it but if they want to be difficult there is a 'dead pixel tolerance level' for LCD screens that they can throw in your face. The only exceptions to this are when the offending pixel(s) are in a designated central zone, making it even more irritating - in that case they absolutely have to replace it.

Stick to your guns - the store might have a returns policy that allows you to return (with all the packaging intact) for a refund instead, and consumer law in your area might override the 'dead pixel tolerance' disclaimer since it's not something that you are informed of prior to purchase - it's usually buried somewhere in the manual or other paperwork.

Damn, amazing what these people get away with these days. I agree with you though, if you stick to your guns there's a good chance you'll still get a refund, since the problem started so soon after purchase it's obvious it was defective from the start. In my experience most high street stores are fairly lenient in practice, because the bad publicity will cost them way more than just handing out a new unit.

Yeah, I might try to take it back after this weekend; I forgot the box somewhere (It's in a safe place). I bought it at Zellers, by the way. I always keep my receipts, so I shouldn't have that much of a problem taking it back. Would it be ironic if I took it back to the store for a replacement, and my replacement had more dead/stuck pixels?

It's a really annoying stuck pixel, about 2cm down and 2cm right from the top left corner. It's green or blue on a grey background, and it stands out in some games more than others.

One store that I know would replace something in an instant would be Walmart. I've had a replacement for my Gameshark SP that wouldn't boot up and I took it back without the box or instructions. This was about four years ago. I've even been given a refund for something when I didn't have the receipt.

Com64 said:
Yeah, I might try to take it back after this weekend; I forgot the box somewhere (It's in a safe place). I bought it at Zellers, by the way. I always keep my receipts, so I shouldn't have that much of a problem taking it back. Would it be ironic if I took it back to the store for a replacement, and my replacement had more dead/stuck pixels?

It's a really annoying stuck pixel, about 2cm down and 2cm right from the top left corner. It's green or blue on a grey background, and it stands out in some games more than others.

One store that I know would replace something in an instant would be Walmart. I've had a replacement for my Gameshark SP that wouldn't boot up and I took it back without the box or instructions. This was about four years ago. I've even been given a refund for something when I didn't have the receipt.
You don't have to tell them it has a bad pixel. Just say it is broke and that some games lock up after awhile and that you think it has a bum drive or something(you can't say right away in case they test it there).

When I got my launch PSP I had to go through a few of them as they had between 2-6 bad pixels. I settled with the one that only had one bad pixel in the corner.

Well, I just took it back. I'm freezing cold, but it was well worth it. I didn't have any problems returning it at the electronics desk; I showed them the stuck pixel, they made sure everything was in the box, then gave me another system. I had originally purchased a PSP without any extras, but they only had a PSP with a Madden NFL 2011 pack-in, and it was the same price, so I got a free game. I'm not into modern ball-sports games, so I might trade it with a friend. I'm glad I took it back the day and time I did. I checked it for stuck pixels, and there weren't any. The person at the desk must have been new there, he kept asking his supervisor things.

Back