Stuck At "loading..." Screen

Hochler

Still Fresh
Whenever I boot up my GP2X it gets stuck at the "Loading..." screen. It used to boot up fine. I have fully charged batteries and firmware 1.1.0.

Try a new set of batteries, and then another and another. For some reason, I've tossed in newly charged batteries and they only get to the loading screen, then other times I toss in old alkalines and it boots, really random.

What gives with the battery compartment? The GP32 had springs for contacts, and they really held the batteries in tight. Now for some reason, I really had to force alkalines in, and my Nimh batteries are slighly shorter and feel a bit loose at time... I like the springs better!

Hochler posted on Dec 30 2005 at 04:23 AM said:
Tried every set I have... Still stuck. Should I try re-flashing?

You are getting stuck at the green screen (after first black one with gp2x's logo)?

If so it means that filesystem is broken but kernel is intact. You will have probably to reflash this filesystem to unbrick your gp2x. More about it can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does take a long time, are you sure you are waiting long enough?

Also it does lock up on the loading screen sometimes. You have to shut off and retry. It is a firmware bug.

reallynotnick posted on Dec 31 2005 at 02:07 AM said:
So it works now and how long did it take to flash?

I was trying to flash many times (the gp2xfile.img file) and the succesfull one was relatively quick (around 15 minutes). The other tries were over 1 hour until I stopped them. I was using Sandisk first (the one what is said to be most compatible) but the to my suprise the Kingston SD worked here?!

I don't know why it was so. :ph34r:

reallynotnick posted on Dec 30 2005 at 07:07 PM said:
So it works now and how long did it take to flash?

And just for the heck of it what was the specs of your adapter?
The first try took over an hour so I turned it off. The second try was about 10 seconds.

3v, 700mA

Back