Streets of Rage Remake

I just found it on another download site, getting it now.

I can understand why Sega would want this taken down, given that they're still making money off of the SOR series.

My brother and I have followed this project since the very beginning. A large portion of the game has actually been made and thought out by the community itself (members of the Bombergames forums). So I'll be very surprised if the members from the Bombergames team are ready to sell the game to SEGA if they are granted an offer by them. This means that some leaders of a community can take other peoples work and eventually take a run with it for fame. Well, in some sense... Sure they put it into a very fine package (game is really great and all), but on the other hand a lot has been made by others as well (who are not part of the development team).

Nobody knows for sure what's going on right now, but I'll be damned if Bombergames is selling the package to SEGA and it's on Xbox Live later this year. Afterwards the site and forums will be shut down, for the obvious reasons.

Partly a doomsday scenario, but who knows what's going to happen. Rather strange to see SEGA getting such strict actions after they allowed them to spend eight years on the game (which has also been released a couple of times already).

H0Gp6.jpg

I'm disappointed in you.

Hey all,

Well it seems some talented folk have got SORR working on Wiz:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59154-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-finally/page__p__946954&#entry946954

However, it seems be not an entirely foolproof as there are a few of us using GINGE which cant get it working, neither on Pandora or Cannoo (although people have got it working on the latter, it just appears inconsistent).

Clearly there's a discrepancy in how a successful .gpe is put together and how a failing one is, but we cant work it out.

Can anyone much smarter than me help? It may be asking a bit much for a pnd wrapper so all a person would need do is put in the SORR files and get playing (although this would be ideal) but maybe through using the Linux port of bennu another GINGE compatible version could be viable and we could all enjoy some SORR goodness on our Pandoras…

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all,

Well it seems some talented folk have got SORR working on Wiz:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59154-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-finally/page__p__946954&#entry946954

However, it seems be not an entirely foolproof as there are a few of us using GINGE which cant get it working, neither on Pandora or Cannoo (although people have got it working on the latter, it just appears inconsistent).

Clearly there's a discrepancy in how a successful .gpe is put together and how a failing one is, but we cant work it out.

Can anyone much smarter than me help? It may be asking a bit much for a pnd wrapper so all a person would need do is put in the SORR files and get playing (although this would be ideal) but maybe through using the Linux port of bennu another GINGE compatible version could be viable and we could all enjoy some SORR goodness on our Pandoras…

I have to say i'm a bit late to the SORR party, but after a friend recently brought it to my attention with the final version (Boo.. Sega!) i'm pretty gobsmacked with the quality, how they have managed to include all the subtle tweaks, enhancements, animations, extra moves etc & yet keep the look and more importantly the classic feel is beyond me, and a work of complete genius as far as i'm concerned.

I'm afraid helping with this is beyond my skill level, but i would just like to say a big thank you for attempting it & pray that you are successful.. this would most certainly be (another) killer app for the Pandora.

Code:
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.bombergames.net Port 80

Ouch... is anyone else sensing the BS?

If someone can provide the files I can host on my site.

Looking forward to the Pandora version, I assume the resolution of the actual game is higher than the Wiz can display?

Right, the brains of Geca and dgame have cracked it. It requires a little bit of extra work, but follow dgame's very clear instructions and you'll be fine (link reference here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59291-streets-of-rage-remix-on-pandora/page__view__findpost__p__947266):

This method runs Streets of Rage Remake from a folder on your SD card.

It runs native on Pandora and does not require Ginge.

To do this you need the Bennu runtime folder to be in the same folder as the SORRv5 folder.

The directory structure will end up like this:

/your_folder/bgd-runtime/

/your_folder/SORRv5/

and the run.sh will go here:

/your_folder/SORRv5/run.sh

1. Download the Bennu runtime (bgd-runtime.20110420.tar.gz) here:

http://stuckiegamez....20110420.tar.gz

2. Find SORRv5 somewhere (maybe something like SORRv5.part1.rar or SORRv5.part2.rar but I can't help you there)

3. Create (or choose) a folder on your SD to put everything in (I used a folder named "your_folder" in this example)

4. Extract the bgd-runtime folder from bgd-runtime.20110420.tar.gz into the /your_folder directory

5. Extract the SORRv5 folder into the /your_folder directory

The directory structure will end up like this:

/your_folder/bgd-runtime/

/your_folder/SORRv5/

6. Create a new text file in /your_folder/SORRv5/ with the following content:

#!/bin/sh

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../bgd-runtime:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ../bgd-runtime/bgdi ./SorR.dat

Save this file as run.sh in /your_folder/SORRv5/

7. Now you can click on run.sh in /your_folder/SORRv5/ to launch Streets of Rage Remake

I'm still messing around with the mod file to see if things like screen size, options etc can be juggled around a bit more, but it works. Thanks to Geca and dgame!

"I'm still messing around with the mod file to see if things like screen size, options etc can be juggled around a bit more, but it works. Thanks to Geca and dgame!"

This is awesome news, my unit is supposedly shipping this coming week & this will be the first thing i fire up.. any chance of someone posting a video of this running?

This is awesome news, my unit is supposedly shipping this coming week & this will be the first thing i fire up.. any chance of someone posting a video of this running?

I dont have any recording equipment to do this, but hopefully someone will. Quick update on my playing around with the mod file - you dont have to at all. The Pandora will run it happily off the PC mod code, so the full feature set (two player AI, soundtrack, customised controls, screen size etc) are all present. Speed suffers a tad, but it's more than playable without overclocking (although overclocking to around 700 seems to have the desired speed bump).

In short, it's brilliant :)

w0000000t~ Is it easy to install, for example...a pnd?

A pnd would be much easier, truth be told, but dgame's instructions are quite simple to do (I'm a total noob when it comes to things like Bennu, shell scripts and such, which is why I asked him/her to write out a step by step). It looks a bit long winded at first, but it wont take you longer than say 5 mins, tops (which will probably be shorter than waiting for someone to create pnd wrapper at this rate ;) )

It's not as instantly convienent as a pnd as you need to click a runtime tab in your SORR folder (I cant create a desktop shortcut for some reason), but it's a very good workaround and worth the few minutes to set up.

Ah ok, thanks for the detailed explanation. I've always got 5 mins for my Pandora. Cheers mate. :)

No probs - dgame is the man/woman for making it so easy... I'd otherwise be still trying to put it into GINGE unsuccessfully and getting frustrated at people going "but it's so easy to get it working in GINGE, I dont understand why you cant!" and so on ;)Hope it all works smoothly for you!

Back