Streetfighter 3 On Gp2x

Hey Excellent job!! I was actually a big big fan of mugen until elecbyte just disappeared. Is there any way possible to make your engine compatible with mugen characters. If you can then there can be hundreds of characters available.

Oh yea and I think the title is a bit misleading....

wipeout2000 posted on Oct 25 2006 at 05:33 PM said:
Hey Excellent job!! I was actually a big big fan of mugen until elecbyte just disappeared. Is there any way possible to make your engine compatible with mugen characters. If you can then there can be hundreds of characters available.
Hundreds? Ive got almost 1k. :p I know there are around 2k out there. I just gotta start finding more lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if they're not compatible with Mugen's, if the format is open a converter can be coded by someone else to ease GFC's workload. :D

You will be able to add you own characters that is what I am making if for I am going to release a program that will allow you to make all of your characters really easy just add the graphics and then just follow the on screen prompts that tell you what to do and then the engine will search the folder and load them in I am afraid it will not be mugen compatible because I am making it specific for the gp2x and my own format. So would I just ask someone like ED to change my from GP2X_Future_Coder to just GP2X_Coder?

This is not anything against this project, but personally I feel like Mugen is a huge disgrace against the fighting game community. Combining different fighting systems into one game and attempting to make it all work together is simply not possible without losing a lot of the nuances of the individual systems that make each one unique. To the average player who likes to press a few buttons and watch his character unleash a flurry of moves, Mugen seems like an awesome engine, but to those of us who count frames and really try to learn the ins and outs, Mugen simply doesn't cut it.

I can only hope that this project will try to preserve the nuances of SF3.

Excellent idea and implentation from the screen-shot looks cool too :D

Even with mame, sf3 is not playable due to extreme difficulty in extracting the encryption code.

I've never played sf3 but am a massive fan of ps sfalpha3 (faster and more characters than arcade version).

Plus, I play sf2 on gp2x quite regularly in-bed (megadrive and now also snes version).

hope you can see the project through to the end, it's looking very promising!

Btw, 140fps is tasty smooth! :p

(For me, fighting games over rpg anyday).

Kinda like smashgp, the idea of making your own chars

Ranma13 posted on Oct 26 2006 at 02:15 AM said:
This is not anything against this project, but personally I feel like Mugen is a huge disgrace against the fighting game community. Combining different fighting systems into one game and attempting to make it all work together is simply not possible without losing a lot of the nuances of the individual systems that make each one unique. To the average player who likes to press a few buttons and watch his character unleash a flurry of moves, Mugen seems like an awesome engine, but to those of us who count frames and really try to learn the ins and outs, Mugen simply doesn't cut it.

I can only hope that this project will try to preserve the nuances of SF3.
As a fan of fighting games since the original Street Fighter II, I disagree completely.

Have you perhaps forgotten that we wouldn't have a little series called The King of Fighters if SNK hadn't decided to combine a bunch of their flagship titles (both fighting and non-fighting)?

Don't insult the concept because of a few crappily made characters.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this project turns out!

Awesome! :D

Speaking of which, did you manage to enter the official gp2x contest? (guess you entered with an unfinished Salvaria?)

Back