Streaming media from a shared folder from a pc

budweiser

GP32 Hardcore
Well I just wanted to get some input on the best way about going about streaming media on the Pandora .

I wanted to use the Panda Player to play files from a shared folder on my home network (pc's win7).. Thanks Bud

use gigolo, connect to windows share where your media file is, make a shortcut to video file on pandora desktop, then use panplayer to play desktop shortcut to your file

Last edited by a moderator:

I have tried this to no avail , When I try to login with connect to server the Pandora wants a password ,

I have tried and it just does a quick check and goes right back to the enter password screen ..

I know I am putting in the right password , and at the same time I just set up the same shared folder on the Wii for streaming movies and the Wii works perfect with no password to enter. So I'm wondering if something has changed in the hot fixes( I'm on HF7B1 )..

not sure how sharing works in windows 7 but in winxp make sure you don't have an administrative share (with a dollar sign $ in front of share name);

tried disabaling share then renabling share and give it a label?

not sure how sharing works in windows 7 but in winxp make sure you don't have an administrative share (with a dollar sign $ in front of share name);

tried disabaling share then renabling share and give it a label?

I have file sharing with the wii and 3 more computers( 2 win7 and 1 xp) .The host computer is win7 but like I said the wii connects to it no prbroblem with wifi over 100 feet away ..

I'm gonna reflash the Pandora and try again..

If it's a non-secured share have you just tried:

username: guest

password:

If it's a non-secured share have you just tried:

username: guest

password:

Yes ,it's unsecure but using the guest name still is asking me for a a password..

I just don't understand what it could be...

Just tried my friends windows vista computer hooked up right away.

so now off the main computer (win7) I have 2 win7 comp ,Wii, and 1 XP computer and 1 vista computer all working good , so it must be something I'm doing wrong on the Pandora

I flashed back to hot fix 6 - same issue asking for password

so I'm switching back to latest firmware -

still don't understand why gigolo asking for a password or what the password could be ?

Is there onther way to access the shared folder besides gigolo?

well commandline:

mount -t cifs -o username=guest,password= //ip_address_or_hostname/share_name /some/mount/dir_on_pandora

Im doing this in a CLI Love way:

run a small ftp server on desktop PC [windows or linux]

For Windows -> http://smallftpd.sourceforge.net/

For Linux -> https://security.app...com/vsftpd.html

run CLI Love [on Pandora]

and

Code:
sudo curlftpfs -o allow_other ftp://user:pass@your_home_PC_IP [mountpoint]

mountpoint could be any directory [for example [root]/MEDIA/SDCARD/FTP or [root]/MOUNT/FTP]

then open this location in panplayer .. easy

or open it from CLI Love using command:

Code:
[fullscreen] mplayerx /path/to/file

or

[window mode] mplayerxw /path/to/file

Last edited:
Back