Stppc2x News

ledow

Website
www.ledow.org.uk
Yes, I'm still working on STPPC2x!

However, there were a few problems which meant I had trouble getting a working development environment up and running on a new machine - nothing drastic enough to stop coding but it turned from "must do" to "I'll get around to it".

Anyway, I am still coding and there's quite a few changes that have already gone into the main code repository (http://code.google.com/p/stppc2x/), but don't think that what you see in there is all that exists... I'm working on a few new features besides those listed in the previous post, it's just that it's a jumble of half-finished, specific-to-my-PC code that doesn't belong in SVN at the moment.

I won't be coding for Pandora, because STPPC2x is the only thing that I enjoy coding on recently and it would be pointless to port because Simon Tatham's original collection will run fine on it because it has full X-Windows support, but I will continue coding for the GP2X even if I'm the only person who actually uses my code! The Wiz is in a strange middle-ground... if I can get hold of one at some point, I may well port STPPC2x over provided it isn't too different from a programmatic point of view but I'm not going to buy one just to do that.

The Changelog at the SVN repository (latest version can always be found here: http://code.google.com/p/stppc2x/source/br.../CHANGELOG.GP2X) has the lowdown on what I've finished (you will have to read back to where it says "VERSION 1.0" to find all the new stuff, but it doesn't sound very exciting!) and I still use what-will-be-v1.1 on my own GP2X when I'm out and about (I do about 3 hours of train journeys every day and take my GP2X everywhere still - perfect for beta-testing!).

It aten't dead!

ledow said:
but I will continue coding for the GP2X even if I'm the only person who actually uses my code!
You know that this is not true :)

I do about 3 hours of train journeys every day

It is only 2 daily hours of train for me. You win :(

Thanks for your work on stppc2x!

Last edited by a moderator:
ledow said:
I do about 3 hours of train journeys every day and take my GP2X everywhere still - perfect for beta-testing!
I do not envy your travelling to work each day. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back