Stats of upgrades

Timstertoo

Second try with this question seeing as the last thread I started with this question was hijacked by lcd troubles and my question was ignored. 

I was wondering if ED is willing to give us a bit more data concerning the upgraders.

Last thing I heard is that the $200,- tier got a mail sent to them. Is that the whole $200,- tier? And does that also mean you have enough funds to subsidise the $200,- tier and send them straight away? That would be great!

Can you give us any number on the amount of people still waiting and how many were willing to upgrade? And for what amount?

And if you're not comfortable giving hard numbers, maybe some percentages? Like:

$270   5%

$200 10%

$150 30%

$100 40%

$0,-   15%

Thanks!

I never replied to this thread, but I did follow it hoping someone wight the right knowledge would notice it.

Only the 270EUR Upgraders got their mail, not the 200EUR ones (as we don't have  enough Pandoras until the LCDs have been replaced, see the other thread at these boards).

I wanted to send mails to every preorder about progress and what to expect, but I haven't gotten the full list from Craig yet, only a few of the 200 EUR upgraders.

And even that list wasn't all that great. Not a nice excel sheet with address, order details, etc. like I had hoped but simply all the survey replies in one large text file with ------ between each entry.

And it seems like the survey forms didn't even have mandatory fields, as some of the entries didn't even have a name or address...

I've requested the full list once more from him, as that was one of the main reasons for the survey.

I also requested to get it in a nice excel table so that I can properly work with it and give you all accurate estimations.

Sorry for the trouble!

And even that list wasn't all that great. Not a nice excel sheet with address, order details, etc. like I had hoped but simply all the survey replies in one large text file with ------ between each entry. And it seems like the survey forms didn't even have mandatory fields, as some of the entries didn't even have a name or address...
ermagerd. What's wrong with this guy?

<don't answer that>

Only the 270EUR Upgraders got their mail, not the 200EUR ones (as we don't have  enough Pandoras until the LCDs have been replaced, see the other thread at these boards).

I wanted to send mails to every preorder about progress and what to expect, but I haven't gotten the full list from Craig yet, only a few of the 200 EUR upgraders.

And even that list wasn't all that great. Not a nice excel sheet with address, order details, etc. like I had hoped but simply all the survey replies in one large text file with ------ between each entry.

And it seems like the survey forms didn't even have mandatory fields, as some of the entries didn't even have a name or address...

I've requested the full list once more from him, as that was one of the main reasons for the survey.

I also requested to get it in a nice excel table so that I can properly work with it and give you all accurate estimations.

Sorry for the trouble!
Oh god, he kept control of the survey. :rolleyes:   So basically you still don't know how many there are still out there. And you can't plan ahead as you don't know how many for each tier.

Craig is an absolute master of passive-agressiveness. 

And even that list wasn't all that great. Not a nice excel sheet with address, order details, etc. like I had hoped but simply all the survey replies in one large text file with ------ between each entry. And it seems like the survey forms didn't even have mandatory fields, as some of the entries didn't even have a name or address...
Masterfully executed, as always with Craig <_<   

How long did it took him to send that crappy, shitty, not-complete-at-all list?

Last edited by a moderator:
please, calm down we don't need craig hiding under is rock for three month now that he's (with moderate success) cooperating...

Sorry for the trouble!
So if you just copy everything from the text file and paste it into excel, I'm fairly sure that there's an option to choose what the separator is -- in your case you could choose "-" and the emails would be in a column like 7 spaces to the right. (unfortunately this way it would also ruin addresses and emails and comments with a hyphen in them...)

If you can get the list onto a linux machine you can fix it with sed -- something like the following:

cat list.txt | sed "s,------,|,g" > newlist.txt
which substitutes all instances of "------" with "|", so then when you paste it into excel you can choose | as the delimeter and it should work fine (I'm assuming the original file has no "|" characters in it... That would really mess with it).

Pretty hacky, but I hope it helped.

Edit: Sorry for any assumptions about what you can do in this post -- legitimately was trying to help. I'm still gonna leave this here, though, haha.

The text file is probably the raw file produced by the survey itself. In order to put that into a Calc spreadsheet you'd need to eliminate the lines with "------" in it, then come up with a separator (I prefer tab or pipe) and import it. Not a whole lot of work if you know what you're doing.

In other words, Craig's file is fine. It's knowing what to do with it that's important.

I wonder if Craig hasn't just either lost some pre-order information, or got it mixed-up or something like that. It looks like he's hoping to be able to get everything in order (or at least reduce the problem) with the help of the survey.

The main problem isn't the format of the data.

The main problem are the missing informations like name and address because Craig didn't make those mandatory fields in the survey. (name and address are quite useful to deliver pandora to clients…)

And the fact that Craig didn't deliver what was asked (as always) : a complete list of every pre-order with complete informations about the client and what he wants in his order.

@Elwing Craig has been hiding under a rock for quite some time, since he don't want to write updates about the status of the iCP2…

I did get the list of 200ers and 270er upgrades shortly after I requested it, so I'm hoping I'll get the full list as well soon.

It can't easily be converted to excel because it isn't even consistent.

Sometimes I've got the email address first, sometimes the comment and sometimes the address.

It's a bit confusing and involves a few hours manual work, but I'll be willing to do that as soon as I get everything.

ED, thank you for your continuous support and loyalty. You are a saint and if I end up rich I will have a statue of you built in your city (after I've paid for everyone's preorder ;)  )

Thanks a lot dude, seriously, you're the heart and life of this project.

ED, since you got the 270 and 200euros lists, why don't you give us the rough numbers for theses shares?

ED, since you got the 270 and 200euros lists, why don't you give us the rough numbers for theses shares?
Because that would probably also require some manual cleanup which would also have to be redone if/when the full list arrives.

Besides, what would it change? We know that all of craigs "missing" orders are/were 500+/~500 so what difference does it make exactly if you know, that 20% upgraded for 270 or that it was 33% or 22.54%?

Back