Starter Problems

theimpossiblist

Still Fresh
Hey guys

I have just got a GP2X and am having some problems.

I can't seem to see anything on my SD card. I have checked in all the GP2X menus (even explore) but nothing shows up.
The card seems fine and worls in other devices. I have also reformatted it and tried a couple of different file layouts.

Does anyone have any ideas on the problem, or is it send back time ?

cheers

This might be a stupid question, but you do have files the card, right? GP2X doesn't install a folder structure like the GP32 did.

Otherwise, your problem is likely incorrect formating. It should be FAT32.

Do you have any other cards that you could test to see if you can navigate them in the file manager?

Yeah, I have tried a variety of files on the card (music movies, games etc). Nothing is showing up.
The card is also formatted correctly.
Unfortunatly i don't have another card, but I'm almost 100% it's not that as only the 2x is failing to recognise it.

theimpossiblist posted on Oct 6 2006 at 03:51 PM said:
Yeah, I have tried a variety of files on the card (music movies, games etc). Nothing is showing up.
The card is also formatted correctly.
Unfortunatly i don't have another card, but I'm almost 100% it's not that as only the 2x is failing to recognise it.
Don't know if this will help, but here goes...
I have 3 SD cards, one will consistantly be recognised if I power up with the card in the GP2X, but the other two will not, I have to eject the card and re-insert it (with the GP2X powered up) before it will see the data on the cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a new GP2X? Maybe the SD slot/interface/drive/reader-writer (whatever you want to call it) is no good? It sounds as though you can read and write the SD drive, formated the card FAT 32, and tried different combinations. You could try reformating an SD card put a small number of files on it (or a single one) and see if the GP2X can read it. It sounds like you have already tried that so this might be an exercise in futility.

UPDATE

I went and bought another SD today....and it works

My first SD was 4gb and I have read a couple of things talking about problems with these.
It doesn't appear that the card is faulty to me.
So, does anyone know if 4gb support is likely to be improved in later firmware updates....or should i be sending the card back and getting a replacement.

cheers for all you help with this
I can now look forward to playing Gunstar Heroes and complaining about the Joystick :)

theimpossiblist posted on Oct 7 2006 at 10:53 AM said:
UPDATE

I went and bought another SD today....and it works

My first SD was 4gb and I have read a couple of things talking about problems with these.
It doesn't appear that the card is faulty to me.
So, does anyone know if 4gb support is likely to be improved in later firmware updates....or should i be sending the card back and getting a replacement.

cheers for all you help with this
I can now look forward to playing Gunstar Heroes and complaining about the Joystick :)

replacement... 4GB works =/

theimpossiblist posted on Oct 7 2006 at 02:53 PM said:
Good one mate! That´s what the GP2X was made for!

Back