GP32 Started a windowed GUI toolkit...

Alex

Still Fresh
Website
www.shaken-bytes.de
Hello!

I've started to code a Windows like user interface anybody can use in his/her program. It will work basically like Windows SDK programming with MessageLoop. After two weeks I've made a version that can be compiled so I decided to show it public and get your opinion. Be warned! it is really early in development so don't expect too much. It is just for showing the concept.

FXE and full sources: download (222KB)

So what is your opinion? Do you think it will be useful for somebody? A toolkit without users wouldn't be worth the time it needs to code it. So I'd like to know before developing it further.

Planned are skin support, buttons, checkboxes, progress bars, textfields, statics, listboxes, background pictures, overlay mode, stuff like that.

I choose a BeOS theme for my example...and yes, I know the pointer is slow and clicking the buttons doesn't do anything...just click and drag the windows arround ;)

Yeah sounds kewl, my gp32 is kinda screwed though :p but i dunno wat ppl would use this for? but it sounds kew...

yo,
good job
very good, and very easy to use.

But, for all gfx , do you have original gfx for the wmktheme.c ? to make other theme with this example.

thks in advance :)

Here ist the BeOS like theme bitmap: download

Please keep in mind that the toolkit is in an early phase of development, the size and position of tiles in the theme could be changed during development.

Interesting work. More PDA-like programs may be built using this kit. When/if we get a working keyboard w/ drivers for the GP32, this kit will allow us to create a Palm OS-like environment.

I'm really looking forward to the final release of this version. IMHO would this be great for al GP32 programma's (including emulators) with skin support this would be a really killer.
Do you have any plans on building this into FGB32 (the source is released by Rleyh)?

I will use some basic examples to add the functionality I want to be covered by the toolkit until it reaches a state it will be useful for other programmers. But that requires some time to code. When that's done I will think about how to show the possibilities of such a toolkit.

Pointer speeds up in my develoment code now and some background functions have been implemented. Next will be filling the message queue with reactions on button clicks and adding more object types (checkboxes, statics,...).

I've added some new functionality to GpWMK making it usable in a very basic way.
You can download the full source and a compiled example from the URL in the first post. At least you can build a basic menue with some buttons and checkboxes.

New features are:
  • set a background colour
  • checkboxes
  • message processing for buttons/checkboxes
  • enable/disable objects
  • speeded up the cursor
Known probs are:
  • you can't close windows
  • object text is not really centered vertically
Next version windows can be closed and perhaps I get listboxes working... B)

Back