Starcraft

RockOut

Website
www.godsofallmedia.com
I was reading in a previous forum about Daz Genetic's new graphics engine and someone mentioned recreating Diablo with his engine. Well, it seems that Diablo may be too complex for the GP32. So, I was wondering since Starcraft (since it needs less processing power, and doesn't require much ram) would be able to be recreated on the GP32, but not ported directly. Starcraft was so popular in the world of computing that it is estimated to have sold over 11 million copies. If it can be recreated on the GP32, many more people may be willing to buy our favorite console. :)

yah that would be fantabolastic
almost better than going to the movies while wearing your favorite pair of nike's that you had back when you were still able to feal your toes and couldnt tell the difference between oreos and those hydroxy dealos...
but not quite...
o yah i luv starcraft
and if that where possible i would have a cow
literally...

Who cares about the original games processing requirements? If we were talking about PORTS, then maybe that would be important. But when you recreate something (a simulation) you have to write everything from scratch, which means that your requirements will be what ever you make them to be.

GPfinalwar is already a RTS/Starcraft/warcraft/c&c generals type of game, when it's fully done maybe we wont need a SC clone at all?

Remember that it took a whole development team of professional artists, programmers etc several years to make Starcraft. You cannot expect a hobby programmer to do it on his spare time.

Blizzard likes sueing people. Just look at Freecraft or that WC3Beta mod for Starcraft for example. They'll be pretty pissed if someone made a remake of the game, even if it was for an almost unknown korean console (that's the gp32_console )

Nightripper posted on May 2 2004 at 09:41 AM said:
Blizzard likes sueing people.
Blizzard has never sued _anyone_ afaik.

Last edited by a moderator:
bringoutthegimp posted on May 2 2004 at 09:46 AM said:
but the single player SUCKED so whats the point?
Nah... it did not.
The multiplayer is, of course, superior but there aren´t many RTS games out there who beat starcraft in any way.

they didnt sue, but did put out a cease and dissest
also,
with the new finalwar, you will love it so much, might make you not think of Starcraft

~Octavious

pip posted on May 2 2004 at 10:36 AM said:
Nightripper posted on May 2 2004 at 09:41 AM said:
Blizzard likes sueing people.
Blizzard has never sued _anyone_ afaik.
Sending out a cease and desist is just as bad for small open source development projects.

Back