Squidgesnes Game Probs

Stevie_Mac

Still Fresh
Website
www.steviemac.co.uk
Anyone else having problems with these games? I have tried to find a working list but can't seem to find one.

Zelda works fine but stuff like the txt is missing everyother pixel line, & the rain in the begining only shows on the houses & trees not on the BG grass etc? Maybe im missing an option.

The Lost Vikings 1 & 2 arn't working is this my version of the roms?

I take it Yoshi's Island, Starfox, & FX chip stuff doesn't work as there's no way the GP2X can handle it, but i'm sure i've read someone say Yoshi's island works slowly.

Thanks peeps

Stevie

The problems with Zelda sound like transparency problems.
Yoshi's Island did work at one time, although very very slowly. I haven't had much luck with the SFX games since the SFX emulation was enabled.

Yeah, the zelda thing is transparency, which isn't implemented in SquidgeSNES yet. The lines on the text you're seeing are the TransHack, turn that off and it'll look normal, I think.

Lost Vikings 2 works just fine on my GP2x.

Also re: transparency issues, hold both volume buttons and press A/B/X/Y to turn off/on individual background layers. Between that and the transhack, you should be able to get through most issues.

And Lost Vikings 1 at least works IIRC, so try other versions of the rom...

I have the latest version of squidgesnes and both Lost Vikings games work for me. Try other roms, that should fix your problem. This emu is very good but some games are a little messed up due to the transparency issue. Look around, Gunpei has a work around for it. Still, some games refuse to load for me, I've been told that Illusion of Gaia does work with this emu but I've tried this rom from several places and still couldn't get it to work. Is it me, or do really big games (4 megs or more) just hang and never load with this emu?

Ok i tried using another SNES emu on my GP2X (SNES9x) to see if the roms work & it turns out they do but with no sound. So maybe my settings are wrong for Squidgesnes. Anything i should be looking for guys?

Stevie

Back