Squidgesdk For Ads

It's excellent that you are working on this, but I can't really use it and comment on it yet, as I'm kinda in the middle of something. I'll probably use this in my next project.

Since Mr Mirko doesn't like me using his code as a base, I've now removed the attachment. I'll replace the routines with my own versions (or other pd versions available on the web) soon.

Squidge posted on May 8 2004 at 08:48 PM said:
Since Mr Mirko doesn't like me using his code as a base, I've now removed the attachment. I'll replace the routines with my own versions (or other pd versions available on the web) soon.
>Since Mr Mirko doesn't like me using his code as a base

If you want to create your own SDK, i will of couse not allow you "copy+paste" my stuff 1:1, and name it SquidgeSDK...

Last edited by a moderator:
Err, that's why I called it a derivative work... Ie, based on someone elses. It's not a problem with most people, but some people are just very defensive with there code for some reason.

I've already given you my reason for calling it a different name, and I'm not going to reitterate it here.

You've had your say, I've had mine, lets just leave it there shall we?

Squidge posted on May 8 2004 at 11:39 PM said:
Err, that's why I called it a derivative work... Ie, based on someone elses. It's not a problem with most people, but some people are just very defensive with there code for some reason.

I've already given you my reason for calling it a different name, and I'm not going to reitterate it here.

You've had your say, I've had mine, lets just leave it there shall we?
> You've had your say, I've had mine, lets just leave it there shall we?

okay...

so this it????
squidge: are you going to relase you derivated work?
i'm really intersted by you fix for smfs lib... mine is still very slow when writing...(i dont need the rest because like u i'm using my own sprite lib etc...)

mr.mriko: whats wrong with what Squdige did? he's not taking any credits for his derivated work, he's just doing this for helping all thoses that use ADS
i mean, isn't this the goal? helping the community with a good sdk?

The SDK was incompatible with Mirko's, and as a result, I changed the name of it to make it clear that it wasn't compatible. Mirko didn't like that, so I removed it.

It's easy to convert the latest version over to ADS anyway (or at least that's what Mirko says, I've not tried), so your best to do that as mine was based on the old 071 release.

Squidge posted on May 13 2004 at 12:58 PM said:
The SDK was incompatible with Mirko's, and as a result, I changed the name of it to make it clear that it wasn't compatible. Mirko didn't like that, so I removed it.

It's easy to convert the latest version over to ADS anyway (or at least that's what Mirko says, I've not tried), so your best to do that as mine was based on the old 071 release.
ok, but could you at least post your fixed smfs lib, mine is still very slow when writing on smc.
thanx

I don't have the SDK anymore, which includes the fixed SMFS lib. I've created my own file system library which uses the smc routines from my latest GpDrive, along with a fat12 file system I've written myself, which includes long filename support.

Once it's in a releasable state, I'll put it on the net somewhere to download. At the moment, it's still a bit unstable.

Back