Squeaky Hinge

soulanger

I got a squeaky hinge, each time it moves its squeaks. Hence even whenever I touch the screen i hear it.

Any ideas how to fix it?

I got a squeaky hinge, each time it moves its squeaks. Hence even whenever I touch the screen i hear it.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Should fix itself after a while, sometimes, the paint is a bit thicker.

Wears off with use :)

Any ideas how to fix it?

Oh thanks EvilD. :D

I only need one more thing to fix to call my Panda perfect. :)

Edit: Are you sure its just paint? Cause I think my hinge is quite loose. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Any ideas how to fix it?

Oh thanks EvilD. :D

I only need one more thing to fix to call my Panda perfect. :)

Edit: Are you sure its just paint? Cause I think my hinge is quite loose. :(
I too would like to tighten the hinge as its great and then suddenly wham it's a Ninetndo DS!!

Any methods as I am getting closer to investigation. Other than that it's the best thing since sliced cheese :p

holyshit... now im having this :(
Sound like a candidate for an RMA. Had the same issue with mine. It's on it's way back from the UK now and will arrive tomorrow.

Just send an e-mail to the place where you bought it.

Mine only took 3 weeks to get repaired / replaced and get sent back.

Can I just send it back after batch 1 or 2 is finally finished? Or if its alright can I just buy a new cable instead?

Bump. I feel so helpless now. :(

I got some questions..

1) Can I just send it back for repairs after batch 1 or 2 is finally finished?

2) If I would send it right now how long would it take till I can get it back?

3) If its alright can I just buy a new lcd cable and screen from you guys directly instead?

4) Are there any manual fix found in the site? Can it void your warranty?

You don't want to fix that yourself. Apparently it's next to impossible to get the LCD cable rolled through the hinge properly (not to mention dismantling and reassembling the hinge without breaking it). I had this as well; my advice is to confirm that they can turn the repair around quickly before you send it in. Don't guess at whether or not the timing is right. Ask, and if they can repair it instantly, send it now.

I waited until mine went black and died completely, and the timing was terrible. I had to wait some weeks before there were LCDs in stock.

Back