GP32 Sprite Rotation

unlucky

Chop sticks Chop sticks Chops sticks
Website
Visit site
Is there any very simple way to do sprite rotation "_" i know the gp32 has no hardware for this so i'm guessing it'll be fully software anyone have any kind of header library thing to do it apart from sdl ( i find sdl scary lol ) thanks in advance

yeah the stuff at the beginning is pretty good and useful for the game i think i'll make but by the time i get the sprite rotation its got pretttyyy madd : )
Is sprite rotation slow would i just be better off having just 8 different sprites making the angles a bit weird but just dealing with it : )

Well, I'm not too sure about that. Mode7 stuff is based on rotozooming and sprite-rotation, too. So if your code is not a complete mess, i think real-time rotating sprite shouldn't be a problem.

had a look at it as i'm pretty new 2 coding ( new developors help ) this is all a bit crazy so i think i'll just do it the simple way

Do you want to just flip the image horizontally or vertically, or do real-time sprite rotation? The latter would be difficult, but flipping is relatively easy. You could just make a new surface with the correct dimensions AFTER flipping and move the pixels one-by-one. You could also do this with real-time sprite rotation, but it would be painfully slow and you'd have to do a lot of trial-and-error to get it to work with diagonal angles.

Back