no_skill

gp2x! bananas! mayhem! mayham!
Website
72dpiarmy.com
hi,

i'm the author of Super Mario War
http://jnrdev.weed-crew.net/smw
and i want to port my game to the gp32.

i've already tried to set up ninjas devkit + gp32 sdl, but i can't get it working.

galford already pointed me to the tutorial on gp32news, but it still doesnt work (and the minigp32 link is broken, got it from another source though).

are there any other tutorials for gp32 sdl out there?
or does anyone has a working win32 environment with gp32 sdl?

thanks in advance, no_skill

just been playing SMW on my pc and it's really cool! nice set of options, and pretty addictive gameplay - if you get your gp32 version out I'm sure you'll have a lot of happy gamers on your case... good luck with the port

(sorry I know nothing about dev stuff)

I use devkitARM + SDL (I re-compiled SDL to disable interworking) and it works perfect with C, but I can't use C++ because I get errors in GamePark SDK files. If your game is written in C++ this could be the cause.

Good luck :)

Go here and there's instructions on how to make a gp32 dev environment for SDL. I'm actually not sure about using C++ with it though...

Hope this helps anyways.

Here's a link to using C++ in devkitadv. Maybe between the two websites you can figure something out.

just been playing SMW on my pc and it's really cool! nice set of options, and pretty addictive gameplay - if you get your gp32 version out I'm sure you'll have a lot of happy gamers on your case... good luck with the port

(sorry I know nothing about dev stuff)
Agreed. I didn't really enjoy it at first but once you get used to it, the game is really fun. I hope you can get it to work. If I may here are a few suggestions for the game:

1. Fix up GetTheChicken a little. The computers don't chase the chicken correctly and if you stand at the very top of the map you can basically have all the time you need to win.

2. Allow all characters to see their score?

3. Change the name from Cursor to Player 1, etc.

Of course these are just suggestions. Its your own choice if you wish to implement them. Anyway great game.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the links and the suggestions.
i now have plenty of material to get sdl working on my gp32.

Btw what I meant when I said the thing about allowing all the characters to see their scores. I meant like deaths, place, etc. That would be really cool as you wouldn't have to count the very high numbers quickly to see whos behind you and stuff. Good luck on the port.

Btw is the SDL port very good? I heard it had some problems. Otherwise I might wanna learn SDL some more.

I'll probably learn it for fun just to learn coding games better on the computer. Any suggestions where to start?

Back