Spoke To The Factory

Pleng said:
Well I just find it worrying that eveybody's all of a sudden in a state of mass hysteria. Seems that they're setting themselves up for a big fall the next time something goes wrong!

Yup. They don't do middling around here - it's only doom and gloom or euphoria. Apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the best news i've heard in a long time. Congratulations OpenPandora Team!!!

transformersv.gif

Late to the party as always but yay on the green light!! :D

Fatih had some other good stuff to say that makes a more technically concerned person like myself happy:

"He told me that this is just a sample to see the changes. All those scratches, marks, discolored parts, rough edges and plastic overflows will not exist in final production. I asked the reason for these as well and how will they disappear during production. He told me that during production a water cooling system will be set up to avoid these problems. He told me that because the workers was in a hurry they dripped those coating and made rough edges etc. According to him there won't be any problems during production because they have a ISO standard quality control procedure."

craigix said:
We spoke to the factory over night, everything is cool. Those errors were because the machine was not warmed up/tweaked/cooled. They would never mass produce something with such errors.

They just assumed we would know that.

So, green lighted.
Woo!

MWeston said:
Fatih had some other good stuff to say that makes a more technically concerned person like myself happy:
I wonder if this is a standard way of doing it, then. Does Ninetendo (or really anyone that contracts out for plastics) not get the final FINAL product before giving the OK? There must be a surprising amount of trust in the industry. If that's the case, I can understand why it felt like they were jerking you guys around. Really they weren't, from there perspective they would be following business as usual, and it was actually you guys being the jerks making such crazy demands. :p

MWeston said:
Late to the party as always but yay on the green light!! :D

"He told me that this is just a sample to see the changes. All those scratches, marks, discolored parts, rough edges and plastic overflows will not exist in final production. I asked the reason for these as well and how will they disappear during production. He told me that during production a water cooling system will be set up to avoid these problems. He told me that because the workers was in a hurry they dripped those coating and made rough edges etc. According to him there won't be any problems during production because they have a ISO standard quality control procedure."

Sounds very good. :) Now my blood pressure is almost back to normal. I think we can trust them, when ISO standard comes in handy.

WizardStan said:
MWeston said:
I wonder if this is a standard way of doing it, then. Does Ninetendo (or really anyone that contracts out for plastics) not get the final FINAL product before giving the OK? There must be a surprising amount of trust in the industry. If that's the case, I can understand why it felt like they were jerking you guys around. Really they weren't, from there perspective they would be following business as usual, and it was actually you guys being the jerks making such crazy demands. :p
I think Nintendo has the resources to do larger test runs.

Edit:
Woah nice, I ninja'd MWeston :D
Though he said it better...

Nintendo can afford to make 10k cases just to look at how they will be. Then if they aren't good enough, their executives can use them as caviar plates during their next business meeting. :D

MWeston said:
According to him there won't be any problems during production because they have a ISO standard quality control procedure."

Great news!

MWeston said:
Nintendo can afford to make 10k cases just to look at how they will be. Then if they aren't good enough, their executives can use them as caviar plates during their next business meeting. :D

Fun fact: Reggie Fils-Aimé uses test run DS cases to fire back at Steve Ballmer when he throws a chair at him.

Rathum said:
MWeston said:

Fun fact: Reggie Fils-Aimé uses test run DS cases to fire back at Steve Ballmer when he throws a chair at him.

This isn't a best case scenario?

MWeston said:
and the "or really anyone that contracts out for plastics"? How many external hard drives can a company afford to produce for scrap? What's the loss on plastic coffee mugs? What's the run on a remote control car, a few hundred thousand at most?

WizardStan said:
MWeston said:
and the "or really anyone that contracts out for plastics"? How many external hard drives can a company afford to produce for scrap? What's the loss on plastic coffee mugs? What's the run on a remote control car, a few hundred thousand at most?

Given how cut-throat business is nowadays, I suspect anyone that OKs 10K of cases that are good only for eating food off will find they attend very few business meetings with that company thereafter. Big companies generally neither get big nor stay big by wasting money.

Just saw that the cases are finished and I ... in my pants.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/clips/digital-short-j-in-my-pants/1037122/

Back